Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus s died on me but.....

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    my goggle nexus s just died on me last sat with 55% battery it would not come back on at all and heated up on me so i brought it to a local shop to get it checked out , i left it with him but got a call yesterday to say "its unfixable" :( is this regular accurance as i only had it 18 months ? my main question here though is can i get to my internal storage ??? :confused: iv lots of photos and videos some i had saved to pc but others not , is it possible to access storage if phone is not working :confused: thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Did you try popping the battery out and in? Sounds like it just crashed.

Even if it won't boot up you should be able to hook it up to pc via usb and access the storage from the bootloader screen. Access bootloader like this -> pop battery out, then put back in. Then hold Volume Up & the Power button.

Those guys in shops aren't engineers btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It could just be a failed battery too, especially if it was heating up.

Those Samsung phones are generally very robust. They're more or less the same hardware as the Galaxy S series.

If I were you I'd try this :

Boot the phone (if you can) or use the bootloader as described above to recover your photos etc from it.

Then if you can boot the phone, and do a full factory reset, removing all apps.

Also check for any software updates (you do this via the settings and about menu).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I collected phone as i was told its not fixable i tried
    Another battery with no joy and i tried the vol up and power button . I checked online and i see many people talking about "dead bricked phones" where they just die for no reason and never come back . Has anyone heard of this??? Iv got my hands on a galaxy s 3 now so im happy but i would still like my pics and stuff from my nexus ??

Advertisement