Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates while pregnant

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am 20 weeks pregnant. I've been doing advanced pilates for 2 years approx. With morning sickness and lack of energy I have not been to class in approx 10 weeks. I would love to get back into it for a little while again.

I am anxious as to what class to go to. There is only one pilates class/instructor in my area. I have spoken to her and she told me I would me ok to come to the beginner/intermediate class.

Having read some info on the net it seems to recommend only going to a specifically trained pregnancy trained instructor (which I'm not sure if mine is.) It recommends not lying on back etc. I'm anxious about going to this class and if it will be safe or not for baby.

I would love to hear from anyone who has done pilated through pregnancy. Also if I were to attend, what precautions/modifications should I make.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

A few of my friends did pregnancy Pilates throughout their pregnancy and it seemed to really benefit them. Whereabouts are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aoifeisabelle

You have to wait until a certain stage in your pregnancy before you can recommence Pilates. After that it should be fine! I'm pretty sure Yoga Dublin run antenatal Pilates classes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yipee

Hey did pilates for two pregnanacies and the delivery was great. baby just swivelled out thanks to some muscles present! my third pregnancy was difficult so I jsut stayed at home and noticed the difference during delivery. I am still paying for my laziness. the muscles have not sprung back and I am dealing with the baby bulge. Got myself registered on a Mumba Dance course. hope it helps... at least baby will get a good thrill from being lifted and cuddled.

DO the pilates it really does help during and after birth.

Advertisement