Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCL Play-offs 2nd Leg: Celtic FC v Helsingborgs IF

• 29-08-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight's Celtic starting XI: (4-4-2) Forster; Matthews, Wilson, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Wanyama, Samaras; Commons, Hooper

Subs: Zaluska, McCourt, Lustig, Rogne, Murphy, Watt, F. Twardzik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Rogne carrying a knock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rogne carrying a knock?

When isnt he! :pac:

Get the ball down and pass it around, ffs!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good start from Celtic, Helsingborgs coming into it a bit more the last few mins, but we are handling them well so far. Just need to close down Anderson a bit better to remove the threat of his crosses into the box.

Like the top Lenny has on!

Izaguirre has done that shíte too often this season, it barely works in the SPL!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic getting a bit sloppy now, need to close these guys down better in midfield, allowing them too much room to pass the ball about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Izaguirre has regressed over the past year or so imo

Izaguirre has regressed over the past year or so imo

Never the same since breaking his ankle

Samaras did well there, should have finished better

Bit greedy from Sammy after doing well to get past 2 players, Hooper was a better option there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Giving the ball away too easy. It's a good job Helsingborg don't appear to be much good, don't want to give them an opening to get back in the tie.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Bit greedy from Sammy after doing well to get past 2 players, Hooper was a better option there.

You have to shoot from there imo. Hooper was behind a player and players were getting back

Nice try from Forrest there with the sneaky ball, hard luck. Best player on the park so far for Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

0318_cranston-e1269050096142.jpg

Forrest playing for a penalty there

Better stuff over the last few minutes, taking the game to Helsinborg

Goal is a goal!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Forrest playing for a penalty there

He's want to be careful, never a peno. Great bit of play though!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1-0, Hooperman.

We're there lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Watching this game as well, first Celtic game in well over a year :eek: Judging by what I've seen so far Celtic seem to think they've the tie wrapped up, not without reason though, Helsingburg are awful..

Snap! Goal, lolbad defending.. Offside too..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Outside but who cares, game over now. Forrest has been the difference

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'd say anyone Helsingburg would be a bit peeved off..

Hooper was offside. Home and hosed Champions League here we come:D. Lets make a couple of signings now to improve the side for the Group Stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was he offside? Samaras left foot was in the 6 yard box and Hooper wasn't at all?

Celtic have a bad habit of starting slow under Lennon, THFC. You'd think Lennon would have them more pumped for matches but half the time they look like they are sleepwalking

EDIT

Definitely offside, his right foot is furthest forward of anyone

Mushy wrote: »
    Was he offside? Samaras left foot was in the 6 yard box and Hooper wasn't at all?
    Yes, Hooper was well ahead of the ball.
    A player is in an offside position if he is closer to the opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-to-last defender (which is usually the last outfield player), but only if the player is on his opponent's half of the pitch.

Kelvin Wilson gives me the jitters, even when he's in feckin' acres of space!

What an atmosphere. Wish I was there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Kelvin Wilson gives me the jitters, even when he's in feckin' acres of space!

Chasing the ball back himself there all on his own he still looked like he was going to make a mistake.

Defence is definitely the weak link, you always look like scoring, but better teams will punish the poor defending when it gets to the group stage.

THFC wrote: »
    I'd say anyone Helsingburg would be a bit peeved off..

True but I won't be losing sleep over it, gonna be too hangover to care! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

The atmosphere at Celtic park is absolutely unreal fair play to the fans

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Chasing the ball back himself there all on his own he still looked like he was going to make a mistake.

Defence is definitely the weak link, you always look like scoring, but better teams will punish the poor defending when it gets to the group stage.

Always the rays of fcuking sunshine you Sevco fans. ;) :pac:

Just warning you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking good for Celtic now.

For the atmosphere the fans create they deserve CL football.

They're obsessed with us too! :rolleyes:

Enjoy then, I've said my piece.

• Advertisement

C'mon TB, chill, it's just a bit of banter.

I'm talking about the football thats happening right now, get over yourself.

Enjoy then, I've said my piece.

Since it got a negative reaction, see how that shíte works? Maybe Sevco fans wont be so quick to use it in future

See how that shíte works? Maybe Rangers fans wont be so quick to use it in future

I posted about the game, today's game, or is that not allowed?

It's easy to have a laugh with the other lads, but there's a couple of you with severe problems, you really should see someone about it.

But I'll keep you happy, I'll stay out of it, don't want that vein to pop in your head, you seem like your about to have an aneurysm every time you get into a discussion with a Rangers fan.

I posted about the game, today's game, or is that not allowed?

It's easy to have a laugh with the other lads, but there's a couple of you with severe problems, you really should see someone about it.

But I'll keep you happy, I'll stay out of it, don't want that vein to pop in your head, you seem like your about to have an aneurysm every time you get into a discussion with a Rangers fan.

I wasnt trying to get a reaction other than mock yer constant use of it when Celtic fans tries to discuss something Sevco related but since it did, many a discussion about current Scottish football topic was ruined by that jeer constantly used by Sevco fans. See how you dont like it being thrown in your face when all you are trying to do is discuss something properly?

Celtic start half asleep again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Celtic have a bad habit of starting slow under Lennon, THFC. You'd think Lennon would have them more pumped for matches but half the time they look like they are sleepwalking

EDIT

I could be wrong but didn't Celtic score in the first 4 minutes in the first leg.?

• Advertisement

Dodd wrote: »

EDIT

I could be wrong but didn't Celtic score in the first 4 minutes in the first leg.?

They did but last season conceded early in what seemed like every European game

Dodd wrote: »

They did because the left back was fixing his hair! (He got lots of pelters in the media for it)

Celtic have scored early in the last 2 games but its normally not the case. They are usually half asleep and it takes a few close calls or conceding to wake them up.

Looking forward to seeing Tony Watt on the field

Titi and Gashi.... some great names on their shirts. ;)

Tony Watt coming on, absolutely delighted for the bhoy, he so deserves it. Great that lads like him get a chance in European games.

Fair play to Sammy, he put in a good shift.

Did Samaras pick up an injury there?

Does Wilson think about where he is heading the ball to?! I think its hit and hope everytime

Did Samaras pick up an injury there?

Seemed to have an issue with his back

Good work by Watt, why was Hooper flat footed there?!

We will have to buy a striker or two before Friday with Bangura out on loan, Stokes injured. Very light in that department now. Might see a loan striker come in along with a new signing. Lenny should be on the blower now, job done here.

We will have to buy a striker or two before Friday with Bangura out on loan, Stokes injured. Very light in that department now. Might see a loan striker come in along with a new signing. Lenny should be on the blower now, job done here.
    Haven't left ourselves much time to get someone, hopefully we've something lined up

• Advertisement
Advertisement