Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCL Play-offs 2nd Leg: Celtic FC v Helsingborgs IF

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hard luck Forrest, superb strike there from outside the box, just inches off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I want a clean sheet tonight, feeling they'll sneak one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congrats Celtic! Useful timing to say the least. :)

Best of luck with the draw tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dubious free kick there.

2-0, big Vic. Another powerful header from the big man.

Vic the brick! Great tackle after Lustig sold himself easily

...and Paddy out for his usual 2 mins. Was prob out having a smoke waiting to come on! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I fancied Celtic over 2 legs, but did not think it would be this easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Celtic certainly have been working on their corners, back in the Mowbary season and Lennon's first full season you could probably count the goals scored from corners on one finger, corners were a complete waste of time back at that stage.

Last season and this one so far is a complete change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ki was Celtics best player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Very happy with the performance tonight, I think last year in the EL did us the world of good. Look far more assured and don't need 10 chances to get a goal.

Think we'll do ok at home anyway in the group unless we get a pig of a draw.

Lol at RTE saying we sold what "many see as their best player Ki" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can someone explain this new qualification system for the CL group stages to me?

Someone told me the draw has been changed so that the lesser names don't end up meetin giants in the play-off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Great scenes at the end, Lenny delighted with the opportunities that arise now for Celtic.

noodler wrote: »
    Can someone explain this new qualification system for the CL group stages to me?

Someone told me the draw has been changed so that the lesser names don't end up meetin giants in the play-off?

Simply, there is a champions route and a national qualifiers route.

Champions route is for countries that dont have an automatic qualifier like Scotland, Romania, Switzerland etc

National qualifiers is everyone else that doesnt get an automatic spot, 3rd/4th place in England/Germany/Spain/Italy/Portugal/Holland could be involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Why are they making such a big deal of the offside goal?

God RTE haven't a notion about Celtic or Scotish Football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Appreciated.

Long overdue imo, spread the wealth.

Some real no-namers in the Group Stages this year.

keith16 wrote: »
    Because they don't know what to talk about for the next 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

RoryMac wrote: »
    Lol at RTE saying we sold what "many see as their best player Ki" :)

Don't worry, it is the same RTE whose star pundit criticised the Spanish players for not singing along to the national anthem despite it having no words.

We obviously aren't paying them enough to do any decent research. Ki was miles from being Celtic's best player.

keith16 wrote: »

Because there is not much else to talk about! :pac:

Ki our best player? LOL, RTE are a joke when it comes to anything outside the top 6 in england, never mind the rest of the EPL or European Football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Never mind RTE. Glad to be in the group stages, bring on the 'big guns', no need to be afraid of anyone :)

• Advertisement

Well chaps, it feels great, doesn't it? :) Big night for Lenny bringing this young team into the CL for the first time since Strachan's days. Really happy to see his hard work pay off. Some cracking players there now what with Forrest, Watt, Wanyama and Hooper and hopefully he can bolster them with a new CB and a striker now that we have CL until Christmas anyway.

Someone said it above, but the Europa League games definitely helped last season - over the two qualifiers we looked much better in general than we did at the same time last season and the season before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

noodler wrote: »
    Appreciated.

Long overdue imo, spread the wealth.

Some real no-namers in the Group Stages this year.

I haven't seen the complete list of teams, but from the qualifiers I think Malaga are the only team to come through who haven't played in the competition before

The Europa League last season was a huge benefit to us, especially considering that we didnt have a team from pot 4 involved. Every game was against a team as good or better than us.

Lennon has done his bit, now its Lawwell turn to do his bit.

We are incredibly short up front. Hooper and Watt are our only real strikers as Samaras is best out wide. Need a centre back that complements Mulgrew and isnt injury prone. Rogne cannot be relied on because he's always carrying a knock and Wilson still has his 'moments'. Could do with a midfielder too, Brown is likely to breakdown any game now.

McGeady in the CL with Spartak Moscow as well:D Here's Lenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Since it got a negative reaction, see how that shíte works? Maybe Sevco fans wont be so quick to use it in future

ya, you really told him there. ffs is this childish obsession accusations back and over ever going to stop. The builder didnt make any nasty comments in fairness to him, he commented on the football but no, you still had to bring up the same old nonsense. Anyway im enjoying the moment so not getting into this crap tonight.

ya, you really told him there. ffs is this childish obsession accusations back and over ever going to stop. The builder didnt make any nasty comments in fairness to him, he commented on the football but no, you still had to bring up the same old nonsense. Anyway im enjoying the moment so not getting into this crap tonight.

You cant resist an opportunity to pass judgement against someone, can you?! Did you get your fix? :rolleyes:

Well done for dragging it all back up though!

You cant resist an opportunity to pass judgement against someone, can you?! Did you get your fix? :rolleyes:

Well done for dragging it all back up though!

no judgements, ive good time for most posters here but that nonsense gets me all the time. Anyway enjoy tonight.

If a poster is havin a bit of an argument with another poster, what's it got to do with you? What's wrong with you?

If a poster is havin a bit of an argument with another poster, what's it got to do with you? What's wrong with you?

well everyone gets involved one way or the other, no? It's just this 'you're more obsessed than we are' that gets me and derails more threads. No problem with general slagging and sniping but that is just childish imo. There are posters on both sides that cant wait to use it whenever there is a comment on the other team. Not very original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

attachment.php?attachmentid=14251&d=1326421919&thumb=1

• Advertisement

well everyone gets involved one way or the other, no? It's just this 'you're more obsessed than we are' that gets me and derails more threads. No problem with general slagging and sniping but that is just childish imo. There are posters on both sides that cant wait to use it whenever there is a comment on the other team. Not very original

What other team? Seriously our former city rivals are in a division 3 lower than Celtic. Any conversation about them now is merely for a laugh.

Tomorrow we find out who we face in the CL, they will be our rivals.

Crucially Celtic must do all they can to ensure that they are always involved as a fixture at the CL Group Stages. 4 years away from the CL is way too long, and that has nothing to do with the other lot.

What other team? Seriously our former city rivals are in a division 3 lower than Celtic. Any conversation about them now is merely for a laugh.

Tomorrow we find out who we face in the CL, they will be our rivals.

Crucially Celtic must do all they can to ensure that they are always involved as a fixture at the CL Group Stages. 4 years away from the CL is way too long, and that has nothing to do with the other lot.

Exactly. I'm not getting into a row tonight of all nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great atmosphere and what a fantastic result. I was impressed with Wilson tonight as I never really rated him last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Great atmosphere and what a fantastic result. I was impressed with Wilson tonight as I never really rated him last season

Couldn't watch the game tonight, still delighted with the result.
    The Bhoys are back with the big boys.

Looking forward to the draw tomorrow :D

one of his best games in the hoops, hopefully he goes from strength to strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

THFC wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Was he offside? Samaras left foot was in the 6 yard box and Hooper wasn't at all?
    Yes, Hooper was well ahead of the ball.
    A player is in an offside position if he is closer to the opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second-to-last defender (which is usually the last outfield player), but only if the player is on his opponent's half of the pitch.

PhFQl.png

Still offside Lubo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Still offside Lubo
    Because he's in front of the ball, even though he's more or less behind the player passing it?
    Nice to get a bit of luck I suppose :)

Because he's in front of the ball, even though he's more or less behind the player passing it?
    Nice to get a bit of luck I suppose :)

The position of the player passing is actually irrelevant according to the rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement