Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local newspaper like Southside seems very Marixist

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

MaxSteele wrote: »

I know at least three couples like this and they have it quite comfortable at the moment, believe me.

O look - a handy anecdote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Nodin wrote: »
    O look - a handy anecdote.

I swear on my grandfather's grave :confused:

No, her biggest mistake was having 2 kids she can't provide for without the help of the state.

She messed up once. Fair enough it happens, but twice? really, twice?

How do you know she didn't have two kids that she could support until she lost her job? or was deserted?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Boombastic wrote: »
    [
    Karl Marx is dead, so it can't be him

No he's not. My brother met him in the peoples park. They were havin something to eat. He gave him his manifesto. Karl was real nice about it and said he'll put it to the testo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Chinasea wrote: »
    3 children at 23 and single is a bit of a mystery to me also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_reproduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Shinners defending wimmin with children? The dirty bastards....they should be proscribed.

It's always protest stuff that they're involved in Nodin, never constructive issues, never good news stories or community initiatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I believe marx wanted the workers of the world to unite. I can't remembering him mentioning non workers?

I'm withholding judgement on that single mother case that was mentioned until I see exactly what she was assessed on and what the assessment criteria is. We heard it was because she'd admitted to getting 40 a week in maintenance, but we don't know what else she was getting or what the criteria was.

So she may be a scrounger who's whinging. Or the government could be picking on someone who needs help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I swear on my grandfather's grave that I am a unicorn.

Neiggghhh.

Neigggghhhh.

imme wrote: »
    It's always protest stuff that they're involved in Nodin, never constructive issues, never good news stories or community initiatives.

I would have thought representing single mothers was a constructive initiative and good news in and of itself. Given the level of venom aimed at that group round here, its certainly good they do so.

• Advertisement

How do I even know he's dead? Bringing anecdotes into arguments is very very rarely a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭waulie_palnuts

Shinners defending wimmin with children? The dirty bastards....they should be proscribed.

Do you really think that a Politician cares about those kids? Shinners jump on the bandwagon for every welfare class cause.

How do I even know he's dead? Bringing anecdotes into arguments is very very rarely a good idea.

For the love of Christ. The anecdote wasn't used to debunk later12's argument. I was just speaking from a personal perspective.

If you don't believe me. Fine. But you know right well the type I'm on about. If you live in a working class area or grew up in one, you're almost bound to know a few. I'm not here to put lone parents down. I was commenting on the minority of what the OP was talking about.

.......... every welfare class cause.

Classy. You're acquainted with this womans background, are you?

For the love of Christ. The anecdote wasn't used to debunk later12's argument. I was just speaking from a personal perspective.

If you don't believe me. Fine. But you know right well the type I'm on about. If you live in a working class area or grew up in one, you're almost bound to know a few. I'm not here to put lone parents down. I was commenting on the minority of what the OP was talking about.

...which further serves to demonise the woman in the OP, despite there being no evidence to her background whatsoever. Well done. Have a pitchfork. There'll be torches later.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭waulie_palnuts

Classy. You're acquainted with this womans background, are you?

Welfare class might be harsh...

• Advertisement

...which further serves to demonise the woman in the OP, despite there being no evidence to her background whatsoever. Well done. Have a pitchfork. There'll be torches later.

25 euro a week for a council house with rent supplement and she's complaining ? sorry if I see slight problem with that.

I was talking about the women I know personally who are on a lot more than the maximum allowed in the means test. See my first post. Actually no it's an anecdote, I'd only be wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

25 euro a week for a council house with rent supplement and she's complaining ? sorry if I see slight problem with that.

She's not in a council house from what the article says, she's in private rented accommodation on the council housing list for three years.

Millicent wrote: »
    She's not in a council house from what the article says, she's in private rented accommodation on the council housing list for three years.

Just read the article there. I thought the OP was talking about a woman with three kids in a council house ?

Well Claire Doyle is getting wrongly screwed over that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Just read the article there. I thought the OP was talking about a woman with three kids in a council house ?

Well Claire Doyle is getting wrongly screwed over that's for sure.

To be fair, I'm not exactly sure what the OP was talking about. Something about Karl Marx, rabble, rabble, rabble. That's the abbreviated version. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Fran1985 wrote: »
    No he's not. My brother met him in the peoples park. They were havin something to eat. He gave him his manifesto. Karl was real nice about it and said he'll put it to the testo

Did he bring him down to meet the anarchist party to meet some groovy guys, who were arty farty?

• Advertisement
Advertisement