Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could he have worms??

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

My one year old son goes around eating everything he finds on the floor or anywhere, and I mean everything! My partner is convinced he has worms! Is this just a normal baby thing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrsEd

Definitely not worms - just a normal baby thing! If it wasn't food they'd just try to put whatever they find in their mouth;);) My 2 year old boy still does it!

We tell him its dirty and he knows it is too but boys will be boys... Cant see any cause for worry though a bit of stale food normally gets spat back out once they realise it tastes awful:P:P:P

I found at that age they just love to explore with food and now that they know what food really is they will try anything once:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

MrsEd wrote: »
    Definitely not worms - just a normal baby thing! If it wasn't food they'd just try to put whatever they find in their mouth;);) My 2 year old boy still does it!

We tell him its dirty and he knows it is too but boys will be boys... Cant see any cause for worry though a bit of stale food normally gets spat back out once they realise it tastes awful:P:P:P

I found at that age they just love to explore with food and now that they know what food really is they will try anything once:D

Well thats good to know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    My one year old son goes around eating everything he finds on the floor or anywhere, and I mean everything! My partner is convinced he has worms! Is this just a normal baby thing??

Haha. Normal baby thing. They all do it. You need eyes in the back of your head to make sure they are not poisoning themselves. Found my girl trying to eat a snail today.... Ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrsEd

Oh no, a snail... thats nasty.... Snails and Slugs, gross!

my lil man likes to pick up slugs, so I taught him how to kill them instead with a bit of salt, bad for the animals! bad for my lil dude if he actually did bite one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

MrsEd wrote: »
    Oh no, a snail... thats nasty.... Snails and Slugs, gross!

my lil man likes to pick up slugs, so I taught him how to kill them instead with a bit of salt, bad for the animals! bad for my lil dude if he actually did bite one :(

Yeah we found our boy trying to eat a dead bee in the corner or our window! Our windows come right down to the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Best tell tail sign of worms is an itchy bum.. he'd be trying to scratch like mad back there if he had them ;)

Advertisement