Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED FOR SECOND ROUND OFFERS

• 29-08-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED FOR SECOND ROUND OFFERS .

who else is praying for the little asterix to disappear in round 2 ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Best of luck to all - here's hoping some of the stars go out, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Hoping for an offer myself, the majority of courses I missed out by 10 points. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Will they be on the CAO website from 6am?

From 6am, yep. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CatchingFire

Good luck to everyone, six hours to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

what percentafge of people get second offers? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

MOR66 wrote: »
    what percentafge of people get second offers? thanks

It could be anything, it depends on who accepts or rejects their offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Best of look people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

Cruel Sun wrote: »

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Good luck to everyone here! I hope you all get what you want :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I accepted my first offer and I have no intention of changing regardless of what I get offered but I'm still dying to see what I get offered for some reason :D
    Also I have a question. I got offered a level 7 course as well on the first round and did not accept it. Does this mean that no one gets the place or does it mean that someone will get offered it in the second round? I'd hate to think that I'm scabbing a place off someone for a course that I don't even want :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Acceptances were very high, if the papers are to be believed.
    I got offered a level 7 course as well on the first round and did not accept it. Does this mean that no one gets the place or does it mean that someone will get offered it in the second round? I'd hate to think that I'm scabbing a place off someone for a course that I don't even want :p
    No, it will be re-offered in the second round, just like any Level 8 offers not accepted, you can relax! :)

Obviously, and for reasons like the above, there will be far more Level 6/7 places available than Level 8 in Round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hanker

so its now 8:00 and I havent gotten an offer yet, i missed my courses by 5 points and 20 points, should I be getting worried ?

I got my first offer finally. :)
    Now I gotta just decide whether to take my Round 1 offer or this one... Got so used to thinking I'd be going to the first college. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Got an offer for DIT, but im going to stick with NUIG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have another question :p I got another level 7 offer which I also don't want. Does that place go to no one? Its a good course, I just don't want it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

No there are sometimes third round offers so someone will get that offer don't worry.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭michaelm82803

I repeated my leaving Cert this year and I was wondering how you can ensure all your best subjects are added up from both years. I did better in maths last year, for instance. How do i know this is automatically added on to my leaving cert this year?
    On my CAO application, it has my 2011 exam no. under 'Irish leaving cert exams'. Does this mean it knows my 2011 results and it will use the best from both years? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I repeated my leaving Cert this year and I was wondering how you can ensure all your best subjects are added up from both years. I did better in maths last year, for instance. How do i know this is automatically added on to my leaving cert this year?
    On my CAO application, it has my 2011 exam no. under 'Irish leaving cert exams'. Does this mean it knows my 2011 results and it will use the best from both years? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)
    It won't mix and match your best subjects from two years, because it's not supposed to in the first place.

Your points must all be from one year, though you may use subjects passed in the other year to satisfy minimum requirements.

Advertisement