Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Glanmire Road

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Just looking of people's opinion on Lower Glanmire Road.
    I'm thinking about buying a small house there.
    I'm aware of the railway behind and possibly the busiest road in the City out the front. Doesn't bother me that much.
    Just looking for other things to be made aware of that I might have missed.

Cheers,
    Regan

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If you have a car and will need to park it on the road, there is a good chance of it getting damaged. A friend of mine lived thereabouts before and had the mirror broken 2 or 3 times, aerial broken etc. Not much down that way now, looks in need of updating if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kenzerf

Check out http://www.thelowerroad.net/

As regards, safety etc. Any property is at the same risk as being parked anywhere else in the City. The Lower Road has a great history and community feeling. It has sadly diminished over the years but I'm sure it will come back!

All good things do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I always got the impression that it might be a bit dodgy at night. I haven't seen or heard anything of the sort, just my feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

i lived there for a year and a half. grand place. no complaints.

Advertisement