Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Built in bluetooth phone kit toyota avensis.

• 29-08-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My dad is after buying a new phone and I can't connect it to the handsfree kit in the car. Its not the phone. His old phone was connected to the bluetooth kit when he bought the car by the toyota sales man.

So i'm just wondering does anybody know how to use the built in system to connect up a phone. Its a 2010 Toyota Avensis strata where the bluetooth handsfree system is built in to the CD/Radio.

From watching different videos online, the kit is meant to talk to me to give me instructions, but the system doesn't say anything at all.

The pic with this article is the same as the interior of dads car
    http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/news/roadtests/toyota/20926/safety-conscious-avensis-packed-with-features?slide=4

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not being smart, but have you read the manual?

Last Toyota I had (company) with Bluetooth was an urban cruiser and it didn't talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not being smart, but have you read the manual?

Last Toyota I had (company) with Bluetooth was an urban cruiser and it didn't talk.

Yea read the manual as well and the instructions are very vauge and no they did't work. Think i'll probably just bring it into the toyota garage and see if they'll set it up again, and i'll watch them so as to know for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can the phone find the car's bluetooth device when you do a search? Maybe the Toyota bluetooth system only allows one phone to be paired at a time, if so you might have to unpair the old phone from the car.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Can the phone find the car's bluetooth device when you do a search? Maybe the Toyota bluetooth system only allows one phone to be paired at a time, if so you might have to unpair the old phone from the car.

According to the manual you can have 6 phones paired. You have to get the car to be discoverable first by selecting 'pair phone' from the menu on the car, but I can't seem to be able to go through the menu. According to the manual, ur meant to use the fine tune button to scroll but when I twist it the system just beeps at me, almost as if saying, 'speak now'

It's very irritating. And probably something stupid like I'm pressing buttons in the wrong order to start the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭bennya

On my 407 the integrated bluetooth wouldn't pair up unless the ignition was on but the car was not started. This wasn't explicitly documented in the manual - wonder if the Avensis has a similar interlock to prevent phones being paired on the move?

• Advertisement

bennya wrote: »
    On my 407 the integrated bluetooth wouldn't pair up unless the ignition was on but the car was not started. This wasn't explicitly documented in the manual - wonder if the Avensis has a similar interlock to prevent phones being paired on the move?

I tried it both ways. Ignition running and just ignition turned to have the accessories on.

Turned out even though I wasn't moving or anything, it was because I had the car in gear that the system wouldn't allow me to use it. Danny safety feature.
    I felt fair stupid once I realised

Advertisement