Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent Laptop Repair place in Dublin. Preferably on the South side. Templeogue/Crumlin sort of area.

All I need is the charger port repaired. It probably just needs to be soldered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I only know this crowd here, and they are on the Northside, near Phibsboro Shopping Centre:

http://www.computersunlimited.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

There is a place on cashel road crumlin, just beside leo labs @ kimmage end, i think its called smart solutions or smart computers, open from 10 to 6, i left computer in with them 6 months ago & they fixed it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

I've used SCR Computers before and found them good.
    They are at the junction of the SCR and Donore Ave

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

There is a place in Temple Bar not sure of the name, but its right next door to that Sweet Shop that sells all the american style sweets, Candy Lab i thinks its called, Cope Street is the name of the street ! My boyfriend went to them and they were good, didnt cost an arm and a leg either!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

These guys are great.

They run the shop as a business, but also out of love, they're often to be found late working on a fri/sat - they've saved my bacon a number of times.

I'd consider myself a hardware expert in terms of repairs, but when anything goes wrong with my kit I give it straight to these lads

http://www.right-click.ie/

Can't recommend highly enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

wench wrote: »
    I've used SCR Computers before and found them good.
    They are at the junction of the SCR and Donore Ave

Got a screen replaced with these, great price and quick service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Just want to give some feedback on this crowd. My laptop failed to boot after I redid the partitions so I brought it into Right Click on Dawson street this morning. I explained what I had done, that I thought the problem was with the disk/partitions etc and the guys first question was "how old is the laptop". 18 months I answered . Oh we could be looking at a hardware failure. :eek:

After 15 minutes of back and forth during which time it became clear he didn't understand windows 7 recovery disk (you can't access the hard drive from it!) and his continued insistence that you can't extend partitions in Windows ( :eek: )and that a format and reinstall was required ,I left.

If I wasn't that experienced with computers and understood the OS I would probably have gone with his sugesstion and wiped, reinstalled and maybe lost of lot of data (certainly time).

Instead I went to PC world, bought blank CD's, a usb key , created another recovery cd and 2 hours later had my system back up and running with nothing lost or reinstalled.

Based on this experience I wouldn't touch these guys. They clearly don't understand boot images, registry or system recovery. Might be ok with fixing a hardware fault (Ie a swap out) but nothing more than that.
    These guys are great.

They run the shop as a business, but also out of love, they're often to be found late working on a fri/sat - they've saved my bacon a number of times.

I'd consider myself a hardware expert in terms of repairs, but when anything goes wrong with my kit I give it straight to these lads

http://www.right-click.ie/

Can't recommend highly enough

Advertisement