Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in the US

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Our signage is still poor in parts (once you come off the motorways) compared to the US, our motorway network has improved a huge amount over the last 10 years but I still have issues getting out of Cork Airport and on to the Limerick road without gps, mainly due to poor signage IMO. Also found shifting gear with the other hand awkward for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Our signage is still poor in parts (once you come off the motorways) compared to the US,

I feel like I'm complaining a little too much in this thread!

but..

I've lived in Seattle almost ten years and there's still parts that are a maze to me partly because of the abysmally inadequate signage.

Its not uncommon to have freeway off ramps that dont have a corresponding on ramp so if you get off the freeway incorrectly then you cant get back on again.

They also have Right AND left lane exits. Usually with no warning so you see the exit approaching in a mile and get into the right lane only to find its a left lane exit.

And the freeway signs generally only tell you whats in the approximate vicinity of the exit rather than where the road goes to from the exit.

Advertisement