Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barrack Obama just broke reddit doing an AMA

• 29-08-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Check the front page of reddit, 14 mins in 1000+ comments... Damn and I wanted to ask him srs questionz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I was just on it watching a gif of a one armed black midget having sex with an Elmo doll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

ewww, reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's an AMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

He's on tubegalore next week ......some sort of yoga or something :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What's an AMA?

ask me anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ask me anything?

Ok. What's an AMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

meh, he wont answer any difficult questions anyway, he'll just pick the easy ones to answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a pointless exercise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh wow, he uses reddit?
    he's so hip, i'll definitely vote for him now

wonder how many times he'll refuse to answer questions about him smoking weed in college and still raiding medical marijuana farms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is there a point to this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I like spongebob :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Is there a point to anything? Apart from a pencil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Where To wrote: »
    Is there a point to anything? Apart from a pencil?

A knife. Or a pointer. Do laser pointers have a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Well, I learnt the following:

I now know what reddit is.

I now know what AMA is.

I also know that reddit is experiencing heavy loads so I can't read anything about anything mentioned in op.

So.....

Nah, no point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ok. What's an AMA?

Now that........

....was funny.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That seems like one hell of a desperate vote mongering exercise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Said he's only going to be answering questions for 30 mins? pff.
    Leo Laporte must have spent two days answering his one.

• Advertisement

Obama must know about r/gonewild ಠ_ಠ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OSI wrote: »
    What's an Obama?

Its a Barrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I am Enda Kenny AMA .....:eek:

http://i.qkme.me/35w9bn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Reddit is an awful awful website. It's like they tried their best to create the most user unfriendly site in history. And they succeeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Dean09 wrote: »
    Reddit is an awful awful website. It's like they tried their best to create the most user unfriendly site in history. And they succeeded.

Twitter would have been perfect for this, Reddit has probably the worst GUI I've ever seen.

None of the replies to the questions are loading for me, can't see whether he responded or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

oh wow, he uses reddit?
    he's so hip, i'll definitely vote for him now

wonder how many times he'll refuse to answer questions about him smoking weed in college and still raiding medical marijuana farms

Barely worth the time taken to reasons to it. He didn't have quite the same level of responsibility towards the applications of the rule of law back then. I can't imagine it is on the top of the list most period have to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

ask me anything?

How many eyes has four flies and a geefer?

juan.kerr wrote: »
    How many eyes has four flies and a geefer?

Yes I know what a gee is for........
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Yes I know what a gee is for........
    :pac:

Is that you Antoine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Its not the website layout I hate. Its the self-pandering userbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Its not the website layout I hate. Its the self-pandering userbase.

Sounds a lot like this place :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I honestly thaught the same for about a week of using it, give it time though. it grows on you, i think the site has a better layout than the standard forum formats.

I honestly thaught the same for about a week of using it, give it time though. it grows on you, i think the site has a better layout than the standard forum formats.

I tried to use it a few times. I genuinely had no clue what was going on. I don't think I can ever give it another try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I was the same, I now probably spend more time there than on boards, some great fun there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Shryke wrote: »
    A knife. Or a pointer. Do laser pointers have a point?

*head explodes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

He should have done it on 4chan's /b/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I bet it isn't even Obama!

I tried to use it a few times. I genuinely had no clue what was going on. I don't think I can ever give it another try.

Reddit as it is is tremendously hard to follow. Reddit with Reddit Enhancement Suite is ridiculously addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Screw Obama, Starburns is doing an AMA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I bet it isn't even Obama!

It is, proof has been given.
    Reddit as it is is tremendously hard to follow. Reddit with Reddit Enhancement Suite is ridiculously addictive!

Definitely! It makes the comment section so much easier to read. That's the only fault I have with the site tbh. The comment section is laid out horribly without the RES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, who has come from nowhere and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler.

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done.The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/8999823/Michelle-Obama-clashed-repeatedly-with-top-White-House-aides-and-rebuked-the-president-new-book-reveals.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

He answered a grand total of 10 questions.

If Bush had have done that during a hurricane there would have been blue bleedin murder.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

WumBuster wrote: »
    Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc.

Only odd in the sense that racism is odd i guess.

I'm surprised more people here didn't know about reddit, it's a pretty huge site.

Jake1 wrote: »
    If Bush had have done that during a hurricane there would have been blue bleedin murder.

Oh right, he should be out doing.. what exactly? shouting at the wind?

phasers wrote: »
    Oh right, he should be out doing.. what exactly? shouting at the wind?

I never said he should be out doing anything, what I said was if Bush had done it there would be murder, get it??

Jake1 wrote: »
    I never said he should be out doing anything, what I said was if Bush had done it there would be murder, get it??

Except there wouldn't have been. Unless Bush said something about how he hates everyone and hopes their homes get destroyed or something.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Look I can use rolleyes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

andrew wrote: »
    Only odd in the sense that racism is odd i guess.

I'm surprised more people here didn't know about reddit, it's a pretty huge site.

So because of his race its actually racist to raise questions that are unclear about his background. Gotcha. People will always only hear want they want to hear.

good man, thats the spirit

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

WumBuster wrote: »
    So because of his race its actually racist to raise questions that are unclear about his background. Gotcha. People will always only hear want they want to hear.

Well, it's racist to raise those questions when there actually isn't anything unclear about his background. It's not like any white president has been asked to prove his nationality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement