Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are dentists overrated?

• 29-08-2012 10:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking of how in the media teachers and guards are commonly criticised, but what about dentists? I think people used to treat them as gods, especially the older generation, but what exactly do they do?

Why is it necessary to pay someone €60 for a bit of drilling on your tooth, and then for them to lob a bit of composite material in your mouth. Sure any carpenter or handyman would be more skilled with a drill or mixing up a bit of cement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Yeah sure who needs teeth anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

If you're from westmeath..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Hey OP, you go get a handyman to do your dental work then come back and tell us how good of an idea it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Motorist wrote: »
    I was just thinking of how in the media teachers and guards are commonly criticised, but what about dentists? I think people used to treat them as gods, especially the older generation, but what exactly do they do?

Why is it necessary to pay someone €60 for a bit of drilling on your tooth, and then for them to lob a bit of composite material in your mouth. Sure any carpenter or handyman would be more skilled with a drill or mixing up a bit of cement.

you did not have to copy my thread word for word.
    at least with dentists you have competition- dental smiles and many dentists now display their prices so you do not get any nasty shocks.

you also have the possibility of going to Spain or Hungary for treatment, thereby saving a few hundred euro even with the flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

There's a similar thread about Doctors...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Fuinseog wrote: »
    you did not have to copy my thread word for word.
    at least with dentists you have competition- dental smiles and many dentists now display their prices so you do not get any nasty shocks.

you also have the possibility of going to Spain or Hungary for treatment, thereby saving a few hundred euro even with the flights.

I did not copy your thread. This is about a completely separate profession.

But since you have brought it up, you can ask you GP's secretary in advance what the standard charge is. There is competition in Ireland, every GP practice is separate. Contact the Competition Authority if you think something is amiss.

You can go to Spain if you want to get a cheap GP appointment. It will probably cost you more in flights though.

Builders turn to dentistry during recession!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

If you're from westmeath..

That is not funny at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Better bjs a toothless mouth does make.

Case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Better bjs a toothless mouth does make.

Case closed.

• Advertisement

I did not copy your thread. This is about a completely separate profession.

But since you have brought it up, you can ask you GP's secretary in advance what the standard charge is. There is competition in Ireland, every GP practice is separate. Contact the Competition Authority if you think something is amiss.

You can go to Spain if you want to get a cheap GP appointment. It will probably cost you more in flights though.

Why didnt you just post in the existing thread instead of making a new thread seeing as though thats what your fcukin on about ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Scioch wrote: »
    Why didnt you just post in the existing thread instead of making a new thread seeing as though thats what your fcukin on about ????

This is about dentists (teeth). Please stop trying to derail my thead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Why don't you google how to do you own teeth then!!!

This is about dentists. Please stop trying to derail my thead.

Does this thread cover orthodontists or just dentists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

In before british bad teeth myth

This is about dentists. Please stop trying to derail my thead.

You dont have a thread, you have a post from the other thread which you have turned into a thread.

Not every thought in your head deserves its own thread ffs. :rolleyes:

That is not funny at all[/QUOTE

Funnier than your post ..are you from westmeath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

€60? Where?

/gets notepad...

Scioch wrote: »
    You dont have a thread, you have a post from the other thread which you have turned into a thread.

Not every thought in your head deserves its own thread ffs. :rolleyes:

The other thread is stupid. This one is much better. Clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

We dont need a thread on every profession. Except gynecologists maybe.*

*dont start a gynecologists one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement