Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Obama Personality cult

• 29-08-2012 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, who has come from nowhere and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler.

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done.The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/8999823/Michelle-Obama-clashed-repeatedly-with-top-White-House-aides-and-rebuked-the-president-new-book-reveals.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Obama is a president not a cult OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

You may feel more at home in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yeah, he's overrated. Ship him out and let the Tea Party get their finger on the button...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Trying to decide if the OP is just totally misinformed - or if he/she has some far right agenda. Either way scary thread even for After Hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Obama is a cute hoor.
    he says what the people want to hear. he does not necessarily deliver on anything he says.
    in terms of his blackness he is not as inspirational as Marin Luther King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

There are always stupid conspiracy theories abound. I am pretty sure he proved his place of birth a few years back to the calls of Donald Trump.

Seems that everything he does is adored or deliberately misinterpreted. Have to say I'd not want his job for love nor money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Yeah, he's overrated. Ship him out and let the Tea Party get their finger on the button...

I would love to hear him call them waankers like Micheal D did. I heard obama is afraid of the teaparty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

WumBuster wrote: »
    The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day

So what? Obama should siphon off some of his own salary to give to this guy? Yeah..there's a crazy difference in their fortune in life but should Obama be criticised for his brothers quality of life. That's just nit picking of the man imo...how many people out there have brothers/sisters who are less well off..do they all contribute to their siblings welfare?

The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives

A president using his nation's army to fight...exactly the job the SEALs signed up to do....yes....that's a major sign that Obama is evil:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Pherekydes wrote: »

The day they take over, I'm building a bunker!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The Making of a Fuehrer

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭SamHarris

I dont think you know what a personanility cult is and what is required to build one. Please read a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

wow sierra wrote: »
    Trying to decide if the OP is just totally misinformed - or if he/she has some far right agenda. Either way scary thread even for After Hours.

I dont have any far right or racist agenda. It seems to be almost illegal to criticise or say anything bad about Obama. And Im not presenting any of the above as fact, just a theory, one which I believe has a certain amount of truth in.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I would love to hear him call them waankers like Micheal D did. I heard obama is afraid of the teaparty.

Who isn't?

Deranged lot of religious fundamentalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The guy who wrote that article in the OP is a few sandwiches short of a picnic himself. He has offered $50,000 to anyone who can disprove his theory that the prophet Mohammad was "a narcissist, a misogynist, a rapist, a pedophile, a lecher, a torturer, a mass murderer, a cult leader, an assassin, a terrorist, a madman and a looter".

Stupid article, stupid author, stupid argument. I think this belongs in CT.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

So he's a narcissist, out only to massage his ego yet his wife openly reprimands him in public!!! Doesn't quite add up!

Also it's well know that all great leaders such as Obama, hitler, Lenin, collins etc ( and I don't mean great in what they done, great as in their ability to command) have similar traits in their abilit to catch, hold and command attention, along with their addictive personality that draws people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

I dont have any far right or racist agenda. It seems to be almost illegal to criticise or say anything bad about Obama. And Im not presenting any of the above as fact, just a theory, one which I believe has a certain amount of truth in.

Siding with the birthers is a sure sign of either insanity or being a troll.

For your sake, I really hope you live under a bridge!

There is people who knock the presidency - and many in the USA rise to defend the office.
    Don't mistake that all the time as sheer defence of Obama.

Its not illegal to criticise Obama - hell, the latest election Republican adverts prove that - it is illegal however to threaten his office and in the last few weeks there has been incidents in that regard. Defending the office is not necessary defending Obama.

Obama is NO saint or is his Democratic party (they have a lot to answer for) - but right now between he/his party and what the Republican party is putting forward, yet again the latter makes some 'insane' seem more more reasonable than their current fore-runners (and past ones!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't think he's anything special and I do think he's more like a celeb than a president (perhaps they all are?) but comparing him with Hitler? The US is a long way away from a hive-mind fascist state FFS.

Also, I think the Democrats could have fielded a turnip with a face painted on it for the last election and it would have won because of the general ill feeling towards the Republican party at the time.

Blay wrote: »

C'mon ffs. If you were the president of the United states, the most powerful man on the planet, supposedly above the law and you're own brother is living somewhere virtually homeless you wouldnt help him out? You wouldnt make a 2 min phone call to say go pick him up, put him in accomodation and get him an education? Shows what Obamas character is really like. Imagine if they found out that Bush or Clinton had a brother living in poverty somewhere would it be dismissed in the same manner? I rest my case.

I have no problem with you criticising Obama - criticise his economic policies or his lack of the common touch or whatever.....

But when it comes down to talking about questions about his family background, criticising his wife for having an opinion , calling him a narcissistic cult leader

• Advertisement

C'mon ffs. If you were the president of the United states, the most powerful man on the planet, supposedly above the law and you're own brother is living somewhere virtually homeless you wouldnt help him out? You wouldnt make a 2 min phone call to say go pick him up, put him in accomodation and get him an education? Shows what Obamas character is really like. Imagine if they found out that Bush or Clinton had a brother living in poverty somewhere would it be dismissed in the same manner? I rest my case.

I don't think a single phone call is that expensive.
    If Obama's brother wished for further help, he himself would make a call.
    Why should any one man/woman just turn up and change another persons life if that person don't ask for help all this time and/or show even signs that they are looking for help.

...And I haven't even got to the fact that if he over-helped out his brother, many, many would just use his actions as "O' he's using the office of the president to favour his own!"

Dammed by some if he does and dammed by some if he doesn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, (He is far more than a cult leader, he is the leader of one of the most powerful nation on earth. You don't get there being meek. who has come from nowhere Literally? Or should he have been born in the white house. and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler. FFS

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background Nope. Just one., his place of birth That's the one. It's not a question either. It's idiotic nonsense. etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. He should make him vice president or something? The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done. You think he shouldn't have taken a 50/50 chance to bag the perpetrator of one of the worst modern atrocities ever commited against his own nation? He did this out of narcissism?The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. Mother of Christ. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. So it was her all along? She squandered soldiers lives killing Osama? there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...k-reveals.html

He's not perfect but he's better than Bush, miles better than Romney. McCain and Palin, can you imagine? He's better than Clinton in my book too. There is a large amount of people in the world who want to believe all sorts of nefarious things about Obama and I really think they're sub-intelligent mouth breathers that can't grasp the actual politics and realities. That's not a slur to the OP, I'm speaking in general, although I can see how it would be insulting.

I assume you are aware that Obamas father abandoned him as a baby and he had almost no contact with him or his half siblings in Africa??? I can't believe I am taking the bait.........

The man is his half brother, who as far as I know he has met very little..he bears no responsibilty for the man...the people bringing this story up don't give two earthly sh1ts about Obama's brother..all they want is mud to throw at Obama..that's the bigger tragedy imo...using the man's situation for political gain and for one-upmanship. If the morons dragging it up cared one bit they would house and feed the man to shame Obama but they don't..it's just another tool in their arsenal of idiocy.

His half-brother who has actually met President Obama only twice. The same half-brother who was abandoned by his FATHER and not by the President. The same half-brother who is happy where he is and whos story was twisted and skewed by the anti-Obama media?
    In an interview with The Times, he "said that he was furious at subsequent reports that he had been abandoned by the Obama family and that he was filled with shame about living in a slum." He told The Times, "Life in Huruma is good." George Obama said that he expects no favors, that he was supported by relatives, and that reports he lived on a dollar a month were "all lies by people who don't want my brother to win." He told The Telegraph that he was inspired by his half-brother. According to Time, George "has repeatedly denied…that he feels abandoned by Obama." CNN quoted him as saying, "I was brought up well. I live well even now. The magazines, they have exaggerated everything… I think I kind of like it here. There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you come from, there are the same challenges." George and British journalist Damien Lewis published George's story in a 2011 book called Homeland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Did he ever live in Laurel canyon?

Dean09 wrote: »
    His half-brother who has actually met President Obama only twice. The same half-brother who was abandoned by his FATHER and not by the President. The same half-brother who is happy where he is and whos story was twisted and skewed by the anti-Obama media?

Ok so he is a decent person who wont publicly criticize his brother(or half brother dont see how that should be any different). Look at this video, does it look like he's ''living well''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Family eh! Always out to drag you down. Obama is US president, therefore he is a ruthless, well-connected player. It's kind of a requirement, as it happens. The whole election race thing etc.

Ok so he is a decent person who wont publicly criticize his brother(or half brother dont see how that should be any different). Look at this video, does it look like he's ''living well''.

You have heard of "free choice" haven't you?

Clearly he has the ability to contact his brother - ask for help, etc.
    Guess what - he has decided his own fate and how to live his life!

Its also called "free will" - others should respect it, not just look for reasons to bitch and/or aim at Obama!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Isn't Madonnas brother homeless, and Cheryl Coles brother is a erm..., the plot thickens :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

I dont have any far right or racist agenda. It seems to be almost illegal to criticise or say anything bad about Obama. And Im not presenting any of the above as fact, just a theory, one which I believe has a certain amount of truth in.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with the world these days, everyone has their own 'theory'....god be with the days when one was required to have even a semblance of proof before presenting their bull**** to the public.

It's akin to journalists saying "This story, if true.....".

Boombastic wrote: »
    Isn't Madonnas brother homeless, and Cheryl Coles brother is a erm..., the plot thickens :eek:

Ya well then Obama is on the same level of those people in terms of narcissism i.e self absorbed and only looks out for people who can further them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Shryke wrote: »
    He's not perfect but he's better than Bush, miles better than Romney. McCain and Palin, can you imagine? He's better than Clinton in my book too.
    Which one? Hillary or Bill?

For the record I reckon Hillary Clinton would have made a far better president than Obama. Not that Obama's done a bad job or anything.

It says something about people when they think calling Obama an intellectual is an insult.

George Obama seems like an articulate, well adjusted person . His main problem, according to the interview, is the misrepresetation of his life in the western media. Why is the OP continuing to do that under the pretence of being on his side??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

While the whole thing of personality cult may seem a little extreme, I do think he's a complete failure president who got elected on meaningless speeches and things like "Yes we can" which have no actual meaning.

I also think he's obsessed with personal gain and killing Bin Laden was just another publicity stunt in my opinion.

Ya well then Obama is on the same level of those people in terms of narcissism i.e self absorbed and only looks out for people who can further them

So what actually is your problem with President Obama?
    Do you disagree with his policies?
    Do you disagree with his personality?
    Do you have any recommendations for the way he should operate in future?

Or did you just read an outlandish, inaccurate article and then regurgitate it here without doing any of your own research and then forming your own opinions?
    You keep throwing around the word narcissism. Did you just learn that word and like the sound of it? Because from your posts that seems to be your main gripe with him. Last I checked, being narcissistic wasn't a crime.
    And what is your agenda when it comes to his nationality? Surely he has proved his nationality beyond doubt already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

He's not perfect but he's better than Bush, miles better than Romney. McCain and Palin, can you imagine? He's better than Clinton in my book too. There is a large amount of people in the world who want to believe all sorts of nefarious things about Obama and I really think they're sub-intelligent mouth breathers that can't grasp the actual politics and realities. That's not a slur to the OP, I'm speaking in general, although I can see how it would be insulting.

The polls disagree with you there. Most Americans think Clinton's been a much better president than Obama. Oh and his approval ratings back it up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Imagine if you were running for president op, you've only made a few posts on this thread and you've already lied.
    I rest my case.

robman60 wrote: »
    While the whole thing of personality cult may seem a little extreme, I do think he's a complete failure president who got elected on meaningless speeches and things like "Yes we can" which have no actual meaning.

I also think he's obsessed with personal gain and killing Bin Laden was just another publicity stunt in my opinion.

exactly what Im getting at. His speeches are directed to dumb down a certain audience with soundbites and slogans, and to elevate his cult persona further, without really saying anything. he's just an actor basically, they might as well have put Denzel Washington in the White House.

The whole Bin laden thing, well he knew if he could achieve that it would immortalize his presidency, hence the big risk he took.

• Advertisement

The whole Bin laden thing, well he knew if he could achieve that it would immortalize his presidency, hence the big risk he took.

'Big risk'? Bush started a fcuking war to get Bin Laden..Obama's presidency simply oversaw a raid on a suspected hideout...how many of those were likely undertaken by Bush but the story never saw the light of day because OBL wasn't there? I've read similar ramblings on this issue 'oh Obama just did it for gain'...so any other president would have let OBL go? I don't think anyone attributes the success to Obama as much as they do the SEALs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

exactly what Im getting at. His speeches are directed to dumb down a certain audience with soundbites and slogans, and to elevate his cult persona further, without really saying anything. he's just an actor basically, they might as well have put Denzel Washington in the White House.

What on earth are you talking about? Can you name a single politician who doesn't use slogans? He's just an actor, an actor who happens to have been the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review? A professor of constitutional law at the University of Chicago? An actor who had the courage to oppose the Iraq war when even many democrats were voting for it? Would Bush or McCain not have taken out Osama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

imme wrote: »
    Obama is a president not a cult OP.

Yet for many, the lines are often blurred.

The polls disagree with you there. Most Americans think Clinton's been a much better president than Obama. Oh and his approval ratings back it up. :)[/QUOTE

"Polls" and "approval ratings" and "most American's think" - basically the same thing three times. The poster was offering his/her opinion by saying "in my opinion" not claiming to speak for all Americans. Someone suggested earlier that anyone would have beaten Bush - the same applies to popularity in a recession - any leader is unpopular in a recession. It's difficult to make a realistic comparison between Clinton and Obama given the differenct circumstances of the terms in office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I'd be more concerned by him allowing indefinite detention without charge for American citizens than any of that really!
    Also he said there are 57 states in the USA.
    The democrats aren't that much better than the republicans maybe.
    Green Party or independents are the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I read somewhere that Obama had a brother who died recently, called Obama Bin Laden, who was linked with the terrorist organisation, the DUP and that they were directly involved in carrying out atrocities and were behind funding the stage show of "Lord of the Dance".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Dean09 wrote: »
    The guy who wrote that article in the OP is a few sandwiches short of a picnic himself. He has offered $50,000 to anyone who can disprove his theory that the prophet Mohammad was "a narcissist, a misogynist, a rapist, a pedophile, a lecher, a torturer, a mass murderer, a cult leader, an assassin, a terrorist, a madman and a looter".

Stupid article, stupid author, stupid argument. I think this belongs in CT.
    Mohammed pretty much is all those things btw, he's not too far wrong on that account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, who has come from nowhere and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler.

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done.The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/8999823/Michelle-Obama-clashed-repeatedly-with-top-White-House-aides-and-rebuked-the-president-new-book-reveals.html

There was a book written recently (a few years ago) comparing the similarities between Hitler's rise to power and Obama's rise. Populism and all that, economic crises and the like. I don't think it made any claims like you are, I think it was merely a comparison and sort of treatise on populism. The same book, I think, or a journalist, I'm not sure also called Obama a narcissist, and compared him to other politicians who were suspected of being the same except the sort of narcissist they said he was was not a malignant narcissist or some different type of narcissist (the exact name escapes me, sorry :o), something which is suspected about many politicians and businessmen/women but nothing really abhorrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    He's not perfect but he's better than Bush, miles better than Romney. McCain and Palin, can you imagine? He's better than Clinton in my book too.
    Which one? Hillary or Bill?

For the record I reckon Hillary Clinton would have made a far better president than Obama. Not that Obama's done a bad job or anything.

I was referring to Bill. I don't really care how he's doing in opinion polls. A snake is a snake. Hillary is something else though. It's difficult to imagine her putting a foot wrong and she has bigger balls than her husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'd be more concerned by him allowing indefinite detention without charge for American citizens than any of that really!
    Also he said there are 57 states in the USA.
    The democrats aren't that much better than the republicans maybe.
    Green Party or independents are the only way to go.

He said he'd been to 57 states as he'd at that time visited that many states, only the 48 continental states but he'd visited some of them on numerous occasions while campaigning, that is what he was referring to.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement