Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Obama Personality cult

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

WumBuster wrote: »
    Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, who has come from nowhere and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler.

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done.The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/8999823/Michelle-Obama-clashed-repeatedly-with-top-White-House-aides-and-rebuked-the-president-new-book-reveals.html
    you're an idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

exactly what Im getting at. His speeches are directed to dumb down a certain audience with soundbites and slogans, and to elevate his cult persona further, without really saying anything. he's just an actor basically, they might as well have put Denzel Washington in the White House.

The whole Bin laden thing, well he knew if he could achieve that it would immortalize his presidency, hence the big risk he took.

Show me a politician on any side of a fence who don't tail their words to a target audience!

Show me a politician on any side of a fence who speaks not to elevate themselves!

Show me a politician on any side of a fence that doesn't do a bit of acting for an audience or camera!

So what the fcuk is the difference between him and any other politician - on ANY side of the political fence!
    ...they might as well have put Denzel Washington in the White House.

Why?
    ...Because he is black?
    ...Is all you can see, is colour?

Some people only see want they want to politically see - vastly like a horse wearing blinkers!
    Its pure stupidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Dean09 wrote: »
    So what actually is your problem with President Obama?
    Do you disagree with his policies?
    Do you disagree with his personality?
    Do you have any recommendations for the way he should operate in future?

Or did you just read an outlandish, inaccurate article and then regurgitate it here without doing any of your own research and then forming your own opinions?
    You keep throwing around the word narcissism. Did you just learn that word and like the sound of it? Because from your posts that seems to be your main gripe with him. Last I checked, being narcissistic wasn't a crime.
    And what is your agenda when it comes to his nationality? Surely he has proved his nationality beyond doubt already.

I dont know if you read the full article but while narcissism is not a crime, its a personality disorder whereby the person is delusional and overestimates themselves beyond reality. Do you think its acceptable to have a person with such a disorder to be running the world basically? They are basically selfish people with only the best interests of themselves, not the wider public at heart. What Im saying is that Obama is fundamentally a fly by night, a phoney, and his decisions and demeanour are dictated by what makes him look good, which i think is on a level way greater than say Clinton and Bush who werent as invested in pleasing all the people all the time hence, the detractors, for Obama which there is relatively few. Tony Blair i would argue is up there too with Obama in this regard. Look at his reputation now from the golden boy he was in office. I think history will look similarly on Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

I dont know if you read the full article but while narcissism is not a crime, its a personality disorder whereby the person is delusional and overestimates themselves beyond reality. Do you think its acceptable to have a person with such a disorder to be running the world basically? They are basically selfish people with only the best interests of themselves, not the wider public at heart. What Im saying is that Obama is fundamentally a fly by night, a phoney, and his decisions and demeanour are dictated by what makes him look good, which i think is on a level way greater than say Clinton and Bush who werent as invested in pleasing all the people all the time hence, the detractors, for Obama which there is relatively few. Tony Blair i would argue is up there too with Obama in this regard. Look at his reputation now from the golden boy he was in office. I think history will look similarly on Obama.

Please expain why the 'author' of the 'article' is qualified to come to such a conclusion. Or is he just a crackpot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Sindri wrote: »
    He said he'd been to 57 states as he'd at that time visited that many states, only the 48 continental states but he'd visited some of them on numerous occasions while campaigning, that is what he was referring to.
    That's a good spin, and I hoped you were correct [that he didn't really think there were 57+ states in the USA]. I really dont think you are though, looking at the vid again:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ArtSmart wrote: »
    you're an idiot.
    In the run up to WW2 People that criticized Adolf Hitler were also considered Idiots.

That's a good spin, and I hoped you were correct [that he didn't really think there were 57+ states in the USA]. I really dont think you are though, looking at the vid again:

Even if he isn't correct, the guy was was running for president and probably seriously sleep deprived. I mean no-one really thinks Obama didn't know how many states there are right? Despite my view of Romney, I won't make fun of him for making the occasional similar blunder in the coming months, unless it reaches Bush levels of course.

In the run up to WW2 People that criticized Adolf Hitler were also considered Idiots.

Source please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A lot of them I suspect IN Germany, was tainted as traitors - and others outside of Germany, were maybe called insightful?

...but then I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Oh FFS.
    Pretty clear that was just a slip of the tongue. he was obviously thinking "close to 50" when he says "fifty..." and pauses momentarily (obviously searching for the exact figure) then simply appends the seven, really meaning 47. A brain fart basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I support Obama all the way. He IS the American dream. A young black kid dreams of & BECOMES the president of the greatest nation in the world. Americans should be proud & re-elect him, he's worth that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

So you think Obama thought that there was 57 states at a time when he was campaigning and actually visiting these States?

Shryke wrote: »
    He's not perfect but he's better than Bush, miles better than Romney. McCain and Palin, can you imagine? He's better than Clinton in my book too. There is a large amount of people in the world who want to believe all sorts of nefarious things about Obama and I really think they're sub-intelligent mouth breathers that can't grasp the actual politics and realities. That's not a slur to the OP, I'm speaking in general, although I can see how it would be insulting.
    Better than Bush?

A president that has lied through the teeth to his people with broken promises, What about the closing of guantanamo bay? Returning the troops from Afganistan? all as promised in his previous election manifest.

America has now got a president that has only just recently armed state departments to the teeth with hollow tipped bullets, has passed NDAA which allows for indefinite detention, martial law and the commandeering of all transport, communications , power supply, internet and communications.

You have a president that has now following in George Bushes footsteps in turning the United States into the false flag capital of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Better than Bush?

A president that has lied through the teeth to his people with broken promises, What about the closing of guantanamo bay? Returning the troops from Afganistan? all as promised in his previous election manifest.

America has now got a president that has only just recently armed state departments to the teeth with hollow tipped bullets, has passed NDAA which allows for indefinite detention, martial law and the commandeering of all transport, communications , power supply, internet and communications.

You have a president that has now following in George Bushes footsteps in turning the United States into the false flag capital of the world.

You have a forum for this crap..take it there.

• Advertisement

Your particular theory on that ammo purchase that it's somehow indicative that martial law is coming has been ripped to shreds in several different threadsby people with both military and civilian firearms experience and you still continue to spout it. The ammo is used in training by law enforcement and as their carry round.

As I said you have a forum for this...it should stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I remember George W. and think 'Thank f#ck for Obama'.
    Not saying Obama doesn't have his faults, and he still needs to deliver on certain fronts but, jeez.... George W...
    And now Mitt Romney. Go Obama I say.

It's a pretty massive brain fart. You could fill a hot air baloon with that brain fart. Imagine an Irish person saying there were 31 counties in Ireland or something like that.

Anyway it's not nearly so significant as the other thing I mentioned in my first post: He introduced indefinite detention for American citizens without charge. Then he fought it being banned in the high court. That's not a brain fart.

HOPE you dont get indefinitely detained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

robman60 wrote: »
    While the whole thing of personality cult may seem a little extreme, I do think he's a complete failure president who got elected on meaningless speeches and things like "Yes we can" which have no actual meaning.

I also think he's obsessed with personal gain and killing Bin Laden was just another publicity stunt in my opinion.
    :pac::pac:

Blay wrote: »
    Your particular theory on that ammo purchase that it's somehow indicative that martial law is coming has been ripped to shreds in several different threadsby people with both military and civilian firearms experience and you still continue to spout it. The ammo is used in training by law enforcement and as their carry round.

Interesting.

Russian Expert Predicts Obama Will Declare Martial Law in America by End of 2012

Martial law in the US is a matter of when and not if at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Better than Bush?

You have a forum for this crap..take it there.
    Nice. That kind of directness isn't welcomed over there. Well said. Well said indeed sir.

Interesting.

Russian Expert Predicts Obama Will Declare Martial Law in America by End of 2012

That guy is a fruitcake. Says a lot about the current regime in Russia that he holds the position he does. He admires Stalin and calls Gorbachev the antihero of Russia (you know - for his policy of not being an aggressive imperialistic ****)

Interesting.

I see you were challenged on the reliability of that 'expert' here but you still keep using his bullsh1t theories. When did you say martial law would be imposed by? I think you said either November or December 6th in another forum? I'll confirm that and remember to ask you about that when it passes without incident...make sure you reply and don't just brush it off and ignore the posts as you usually do when your theories come crashing down.

Interesting.

Irish expert predicts rtdh will make up bs excuse for why this didn't happen. On January 1st, 2013. Or ignore any posts that ask why.

This slipped through a local news channel, enjoy. :D

A Lubbock County, Texas, judge recently appeared on a local FOX News Television show to promote his proposed tax increase when he dropped a series of bombshell comments regarding the possibility of President Obama being reelected.

A Lubbock County, Texas, judge recently appeared on a local FOX News Television show to promote his proposed tax increase when he dropped a series of bombshell comments regarding the possibility of President Obama being reelected.

The pi55 was roundly taken out of this on another thread. It's been dealt with. Next.

endacl wrote: »
    The pi55 was roundly taken out of this on another thread. It's been dealt with. Next.
    I am sure there are plenty here that haven't seen it.

I honestly can't wait until Obama does his second term and goes..not because I think he's a bad president but because having to read pages and pages of crap both here and elsewhere about how he's doing this and planning to do that and is responsible for the other is just painful. The name 'Obama' has just become a buzzword amongst people who want to moan about something but haven't got the intelligence to know who they should be blaming so just blame Obama...ya can't even watch a shooting video on YT bar some redneck who ya know can't even spell his name is going on and on in the comments about how Obama is 'comin for mah guns'...I'm sure Obama lies awake at night as the most powerful man on Earth and wonders how he can take a beaten down old shotgun from some hick in the bowels of Louisiana:pac:

"He is going to hand over the sovereignty of the US to the UN"

and then there will be a revolution by the good old boys.

You think his plan for ultimate power is manifested in wanting to abide by UN resolutions? What?

The weird thing is that you are presenting [hysterical] arguments from imperialists.

endacl wrote: »
    I am sure there are plenty here that haven't seen it.
    I'm sure there are. Off topic I know but....

...whatever happened to the alien invasion/NWO takeover during the Olympics? Or did you mean paralympics. If so apologies. I'll ask again after the next closing ceremony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Found this interesting article that examines the theory that Obama is basically a chronic narcissist, like a cult leader, who has come from nowhere and fooled everyone by creating this messianic like persona around him. I do agree with lots of it. When i first saw this guy i was like wtf, he's too smooth, too good to be true, people screaming, and crying deliriously at his speeches etc hasnt been seen in the western world since probably Hitler.

Whats odd is that there are so many question marks about his background, his place of birth etc. The fact that his own brother is living in a shack in a third world country on one dollar a day shows that Obama only cares about those who contribute to his ego, like any such narcissist. The fact that there was a less than 50/50 chance that osama Bin laden was in the house when they shot him, didnt deter him risking Soldier's lives as he saw the potential headlines and personal credit coming his way, like a narcissist would have done.The list goes on. read the article if your interested, that shows Obama to be a conman really. http://www.faithfreedom.org/obama.html

BTW I dont find his wife a particularly nice person. She seems to be constantly trying to hog his limelight and even reprimands him in public which makes you wonder who is really wearing the trousers. there is something Bonny and Clyde about the whole thing, Ive included a second article about a book that was written about how Michelle Obama is acting inside the white house. Causing rows, being demanding with staff and getting them fired, spending extravagance on clothes etc and fighting with her husband. Also the racially aggravating statements that she makes I feel is inappropriate. She and her husband are supposed to be representing all the people of America. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/8999823/Michelle-Obama-clashed-repeatedly-with-top-White-House-aides-and-rebuked-the-president-new-book-reveals.html

OP, you posted this already in this thread.

If you want to start a thread on that topic then by all means do so here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement