Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snake found in Guinness Brewery shipment from Texas

• 29-08-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0829/snake-found-in-guinness-brewery.html
    The DSPCA has recovered a snake from St James's Gate in Dublin.

The organisation received a call from the Guinness Brewery that the snake arrived in a container of empty kegs from Texas yesterday.
    It has been identified as a non-poisonous corn snake.
    The juvenile snake is said to be underweight and dehydrated and will be cared for by the vet who identified him.

Crazy how it got in but also managed to stay alive for the trip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0829/snake-found-in-guinness-brewery.html
    The DSPCA has recovered a snake from St James's Gate in Dublin.

The organisation received a call from the Guinness Brewery that the snake arrived in a container of empty kegs from Texas yesterday.
    It has been identified as a non-poisonous corn snake.
    The juvenile snake is said to be underweight and dehydrated and will be cared for by the vet who identified him.

Crazy how it got in but also managed to stay alive for the trip.
    dehydrated snake...

...empty kegs

...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Waiting for the obligatory comment "The snake came from the Dail" or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I Think they got wind that St Patrick is long gone and are sending in feelers before a full scale invasion !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

pookiesboo wrote: »

They are all still on holidays so it can't be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

The snake will be 'destroyed humanely', the guiness will be 'drunk responsibly' and we can then get back to our 'important' lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nah, that would be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I won't be shedding any tears over this. It's not exactly a coil of mystery, the snake scaled the shipment and snook in, hardly cause for any venomous replies.

Snake on a Ship - the long awaited sequel to 'Snakes on a Plane'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's there marketing department, trying to say Arthur is better than Patrick and hence Arthur's day should be a bigger event than st.Patricks day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've had it with this mothafúckin' snake in this mothafúckin' barrell!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They named him J.R:D

Arthurs day is the biggest load of wan* ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Can I keep him? Always wanted a snake, and this is a snake with a story :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You shouldn't take such potential commentary so personally, now back to your parliamentary holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I've got a snaking suspicion about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

You shouldn't take such potential commentary so personally, now back to your parliamentary holidays.

Dont worry you can still have your lie ins in the morning, I wont be cutting your dole :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Can I keep him? Always wanted a snake, and this is a snake with a story :cool:
    Surely you mean a snake with hisssstory

Advertisement