Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom connection dropping!

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Everyday now mainly in the evening or late night my connection is dropping well not really my connection sites are loading fast and all that but then when i try to watch any videos on say YouTube or Vimeo or infact any streaming site they are not buffering/loading like they should?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

DavidMelv wrote: »
    Everyday now mainly in the evening or late night my connection is dropping well not really my connection sites are loading fast and all that but then when i try to watch any videos on say YouTube or Vimeo or infact any streaming site they are not buffering/loading like they should?

Hi DavidMelv,

Would you mind going through the Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/K8ZA4P

If there is no improvement let me know and I will check the line / connection directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Thank you I switched it to the main port and it's working great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

DavidMelv wrote: »
    Thank you I switched it to the main port and it's working great :)

Hi DavidMelv,

Glad to hear it and thanks for getting back to me, Glad to hear it is back to Normal :)

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

so my netopia router quit working a few weeks back and i was sent out a zyxel router (on agreement to a contract extension might i add) now everytime i watch a video my connection drops and when i troubleshoot it usually says that it "reset the wireless network adapter" or something along those lines. i tried all of your troubleshooting page you sent to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

so my netopia router quit working a few weeks back and i was sent out a zyxel router (on agreement to a contract extension might i add) now everytime i watch a video my connection drops and when i troubleshoot it usually says that it "reset the wireless network adapter" or something along those lines. i tried all of your troubleshooting page you sent to no avail.

get in touch with the broadband support department (1890 260 260) and they should be able to remotely update the modems firmware to fix the issue. they close at 10pm and you possibly won't get through to anyone now, they open again at 8am in the morning.

• Advertisement

is there a download link for the firmware on their site? I dont have the time/patience to call eircom today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

is there a download link for the firmware on their site? I dont have the time/patience to call eircom today

Here you go.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Here you go.
    thanks... im getting software upload error when i try to install it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

there are 2 different types of zyxel modems one with 3.70 firmware and one with 1.02 firmware, only one is available online, not sure which one it is.

im sure if you ask nicely one of the eircom guys will email you off the firmware for your modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi blahfckingblah,

Apologies for the delayed response but it seems some helpful folks have been pointing you in the right direction. As said above, you can call tech support on 1890 260 260 and let them upload the latest firmware remotely. If you'd rather not call, PM your email address and I'll send you the latest firmware and instructions on how to upload it on the modem. This may not be the issue but at least it will mean the modem is up to date and eliminate this as the cause.

Regards

James

• Advertisement
Advertisement