Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Eircell Camera and Flip Phone

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember the old Eircell (could have been Vodafone at this stage I don't remember, but it was definitively an 087 phone).

It was a flip phone and had a camera, it could be got in silver or dark grey, was out around 2001 or 2002.

It was a brilliant phone I had one for nearly two years, cost about 200 quid. But I can't remember the name of it or find any pictures of it online.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

ah the first cameras phones in Ireland im pretty sure, had one of em. Im looking for it as I type

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Sharp GX10 - just found it online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

That's the one! Don't how you found it but thanks a lot! I remember having it and all, I was able to watch TV on it and everything.. Don't ask me how I was able to do that back then but I remember watching Sky News on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

chops018 wrote: »
    That's the one! Don't how you found it but thanks a lot! I remember having it and all, I was able to watch TV on it and everything.. Don't ask me how I was able to do that back then but I remember watching Sky News on it.

I had the Motorola V3x myself around the same time as that Sharp GX10 was out, I remember working with a guy who had the GX10 at the time when he commented that the V3x was "too big", I wonder what he'd make of the SG3 now then!

But you aren't imagining the sky news on your phone either. 3G was in it's infancy and Vodafone were the first network to offer it, their only competition being o2 who were still using EDGE at the time. So Vodafone paired up with sky and for €2 per week you could watch sky on your phone, sky news was free as far as I can remember, but they had packages similar to what "sky go" is now where I think for €5 a week you got some channels and sky sports on your phone, a couple of the lads used watch the football live!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I remember that whole Sky thing on the phones! I was working for o2 at the time, and used to have a lot of people coming in asking about it. Its funny how things have changed in 10 years. For €5 you would get a weeks worth of a package, now, its €5 for one show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

chops018 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the old Eircell (could have been Vodafone at this stage I don't remember, but it was definitively an 087 phone).

Was defiantly Vodafone by then :D

Advertisement