Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie v touch.boards.ie layout

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭

One thing I've noticed while switching between my laptop and phone, is the layout of the tabs at the top:

on boards.ie
    Its
    Latest Posts/My Forums/My Threads

yet on
    touch.boards.ie
    its
    My Forums/My Threads/Latest Posts

Its no big deal, but surely between the 2 formats it would look better to be the same format?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I like the look of that mobile skin,first saw it a few weeks ago icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Touch boards is great :)
    But selecting different forums is awfully tedious.
    Hmmm never noticed that before, you can't spell tedious without Ted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think the touch site is terrible. I'm not sure whats the point of its existance either. I'm able to browse the main site just fine on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I can only see I think 12 posts per page with touch boards, and I can't find any way to change these settings. It's quite annoying, especially with more popular threads obviously! Is there a way to change this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

jokettle wrote: »
    I can only see I think 12 posts per page with touch boards, and I can't find any way to change these settings. It's quite annoying, especially with more popular threads obviously! Is there a way to change this?

There is currently no support for changing the amount of posts per page on the touch site, sorry.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Touch site is awful actually. Seems to have a lot of repetitions of threads. Go to the next page, more of the same. Next page again, another two threads? Very odd. Must change back to regular actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

MarkR wrote: »
    Touch site is awful actually. Seems to have a lot of repetitions of threads. Go to the next page, more of the same. Next page again, another two threads? Very odd. Must change back to regular actually.

The repetition is down to the fact that the touch site doesn't bundle latest posts from the same thread together. So you see the same thread over and over.

I like it touch site but I'd generally only use it for checking my subbed list. Works fine for that.

Advertisement