Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Town Leisure Centres

Options
  • 30-08-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying a years family membership in one of the leisure centres in Donegal Town, in either the Central or Millpark hotels. The Millpark is currently charging €620 per year for a family membership and I can only imagine that the Central would be somewhere in the same ballpark, their website has no pricing info. Any members here? Any opinions as to which is the best, in facilities, service, value?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Its one thing the town is really crying out for is a decent, affordable well equipped gym.

The Central gym is a bit cheaper then the Mill Park, but in all reality its a very poor gym. Tiny, with some decent equipment but sadly just too small and if there is any more than four users, you may have to wait to get a go on a treadmill, bike, etc. On the plus side, the pool is quite nice.

For example, I passed Total Fitness today in Dublin, 15 months membership for 240 euro, great value, venue and facilities.

I've thought about putting out an idea if anyone would be interested in a gym being set up in the town, there are plenty of vacant spaces and from the prices the other two set up it could be popular enough? Any thoughts?

That gym in Letterkenny that you pay as you use is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

+1

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There's a new gym on Castle Street too. Don't know anything about prices etc. though.

Advertisement