Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rugby

Options
  • 30-08-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey there,

I'm a 31yr old guy who has started to play rugby in the last couple of years, I was just wondering if there is any clubs who have teams in th j4-5 league that welcome new players who are just looking for the social aspect and a game of rugby

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hi. Whereabouts are you living?
    Ratoath have a relatively new rugby club who play at j3 level. I'd say they would be delighted at any new players, no matter what level they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stek1980

Hi. Whereabouts are you living?
    Ratoath have a relatively new rugby club who play at j3 level. I'd say they would be delighted at any new players, no matter what level they are.

Thanks hammer,

I currently live in Navan but that's only a short hop away. Def something I'd be interested in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

You can get in contact with those involved on their website:
    http://www.ratoathrugby.ie/
    As I said, it's a relatively new club and I think their adult section only started a few seasons ago so they'll welcome any players whatsoever. Their pitch is on the road between Ratoath and Curraha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I play for Ratoath RFC and as Hammer Archer said, we're always looking for new players of any standard, I only started 2 years ago.

Preseason is underway with training on at 7.30, Mondays and Wednesdays at the Curragha Rd pitch. Matches are usually on Friday nights or Sunday afternoon. Friendly this week away to Cavan RFC

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Navan play J3 don't they? Also Boyne in Drogheda are a friendly and welcoming club and have a decent J3 team starting back soon, new pitch just opened for seniors and J1 and refurbished bar for a good social aspect of the game :)

Don't be afraid to get involved, whatever club you decide to go with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kellybigjoe

hi, just wondering if 17 year old ladies can play in the adult team or do they have to wait until there 18??
    thanks

Advertisement