Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drink and drive with Alcopal!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

what sort of fukkin idiot would invent such a thing

The fact that he had his lawyers check and see was it legal to sell these shows he knows he is doing something wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"The pills, which are taken before and after a drinking session, are said to prevent alcohol being absorbed through the stomach and into the bloodstream."

If this is how it works then the reason you'll be able to pass a breathalyser is because your body isn't absorbing as much alcohol. It sounds utterly pointless and a waste of money. You could accomplish the same thing by just drinking less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

"Everyone does it"

What a cnut that guy is.

If I'm out wearing a Red shirt I'm more likely to see people wearing red shirts.

If I beat my wife, I'm gonna justify it by saying everyone does it most people just don't admit to it.

That guy is a prick. I have no doubt there are lots of people who would be fine to drive after 5 pints, but there are also a lot of people who wouldn't be.

Would it be irony or coincidence if he got hit by a drunk driver who passed a Breathalyzer because of his pill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Why didnt he put his time and effort into making a pill that prevents hangovers? God damn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

zom wrote: »
    Behold the pill Alcopal
    The name's good though. 'The Alco's Friend'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

"Everyone does it"

What a cnut that guy is.

If I'm out wearing a Red shirt I'm more likely to see people wearing red shirts.

If I beat my wife, I'm gonna justify it by saying everyone does it most people just don't admit to it.

That guy is a prick. I have no doubt there are lots of people who would be fine to drive after 5 pints, but there are also a lot of people who wouldn't be.

Would it be irony or coincidence if he got hit by a drunk driver who passed a Breathalyzer because of his pill?
    Justice, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

"The pills, which are taken before and after a drinking session, are said to prevent alcohol being absorbed through the stomach and into the bloodstream."

If this is how it works then the reason you'll be able to pass a breathalyser is because your body isn't absorbing as much alcohol. It sounds utterly pointless and a waste of money. You could accomplish the same thing by just drinking less.

So basically it stops you getting drunk? No problem so really is there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mackg wrote: »
    So basically it stops you getting drunk? No problem so really is there?

So it seems (going by the article which is in the mail so it could be miles off). You may as well just water down you pints except that's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What he's saying is

'If you buy my pills you will have to spend 9 times as much to get as drunk as you would have if you didn't'.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Let the fools be parted from their money I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

If you can't absorb the alcohol into your bloodstream then you are'nt going to be feeling the affects of the alcohol. You would be better off drinking nonalcoholic beer but i don't see much difference. It's not like it is allows you to get locked and pass the breath test. The reason you pass is because you not pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What he's saying is

'If you buy my pills you will have to spend 9 times as much to get as drunk as you would have if you didn't'.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Let the fools be parted from their money I say.

Would be better to market them to pubs to grind up and dissolve in the booze.

People who post such bilge from that idiots guidebook The Daily Mail should be tarred, feathered then thrown into a pit of week old menstrual discharge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

what sort of fukkin idiot would invent such a thing

This Sort by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Edz87 wrote: »
    People who post such bilge from that idiots guidebook The Daily Mail should be tarred, feathered then thrown into a pit of week old menstrual discharge.

People who mention menstrual discharge in their posts deserve the same fate.

Except me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Arthur Kibble is an idiot. What made him think he could make a product like this and sell it? He was bound to get caught eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Arthur Kibble is an idiot. What made him think he could make a product like this and sell it? He was bound to get caught eventually.

Especially if he's posing for a photo for a press agency that works for national media outlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

What a spastic idea. Why would anyone pay for this?

You already have the options of A) Drinking non alcoholic beer or
    B) NOT DRINKING.

I recommend B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

What a spastic idea. Why would anyone pay for this?

You already have the options of A) Drinking non alcoholic beer or
    B) NOT DRINKING.

I recommend B.
    Could potentially be used to reduce the amount of horrible drunks around

I for one like to have a few bevvies, but sometimes get drunk very quickly like at a rugby match before full time could easily have had 8-10 pints with pre match drinks

So something like this would be ideal, means I can have my obnoxious amount of booze and not act like a twat!

The knock on benefit? I can drive to work the next morning not havin to worry about being caught out on the stillorgan dual carriageway

I don't agree with the marketing method as I don't believe in drink driving but I like the other benefits of the pill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

Jaysis these lads should be putting their effort and expertise into trying to make a worthwile pill, like one that cures cancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Could potentially be used to reduce the amount of horrible drunks around

I for one like to have a few bevvies, but sometimes get drunk very quickly like at a rugby match before full time could easily have had 8-10 pints with pre match drinks

So something like this would be ideal, means I can have my obnoxious amount of booze and not act like a twat!

The knock on benefit? I can drive to work the next morning not havin to worry about being caught out on the stillorgan dual carriageway

I don't agree with the marketing method as I don't believe in drink driving but I like the other benefits of the pill

I agree, good idea, terrible marketing.

Lots of people have trouble controlling the amount of alcohol they drink, something which prevents alcohols absorption could be very helpful.

Might also have interesting applications for alcoholics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement