Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longest dole user on the registry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

It doesn't matter. As a graduate you were not entitled to receive the BTEA. Furthermore, any study at all at third level (even if you'd dropped out) would mean having to wait five years before you could apply for the BTEA.
    It doesn't matter if it your postgraduate degree is related to your primary degree(s) or not. I've given you three chances to say, in the vaguest terms what it was in, and you've failed to do so. The BTEA is only available to postgraduate study leading to a teaching qualification. That is how it is limited.
    The only way any of this could be true is if you failed to give Welfare full information (culpable negligence or fraud), and if you're doing a postgraduate course leading to a teaching qualification, which after three times of asking you were unable to state.
    I'm finding your posts to be unbelievable, I'm afraid. For your sake, I hope you are making this up, because Welfare is cracking down hard on fraudsters and rightly so.

can I ask why you think you know so much about the subject?

look I have filled out forms the last 4 years to the BTE and believe me i told them about my 4 years college and my degrees so I think you will find you are wrong.

google postgrad back to education and i will say this on the BTE site
    Postgraduate courses
    You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Graduate Diploma in Education (primary and secondary teaching). Other types of postgraduate qualifications are not recognised for BTEA.
    You will not get BTEA if you already have a postgraduate qualification.

I also had an interview with the social welfare over the summer and they said I am entitled to continue to get the BTE allowance for my post grad(h dip)
    why are you so bitter about me getting it??would you rather I was still on the dole? i got a 1st class honours btw and I dont intend staying on social welfare or anything,far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

You can ask. I've assisted people applying for it in the recent past is why I know about it.
    If what you're saying is entirely true, and I'm not convinced, then the staff in your local Welfare office have erroneously granted the award to you.
    Obviously I'd rather you nor anyone else was on the dole. Equally, I don't think people should be receiving benefits they are not entitled to.

It doesn't matter. As a graduate you were not entitled to receive the BTEA. Furthermore, any study at all at third level (even if you'd dropped out) would mean having to wait five years before you could apply for the BTEA.
    It doesn't matter if it your postgraduate degree is related to your primary degree(s) or not. I've given you three chances to say, in the vaguest terms what it was in, and you've failed to do so. The BTEA is only available to postgraduate study leading to a teaching qualification. That is how it is limited.
    The only way any of this could be true is if you failed to give Welfare full information (culpable negligence or fraud), and if you're doing a postgraduate course leading to a teaching qualification, which after three times of asking you were unable to state.
    I'm finding your posts to be unbelievable, I'm afraid. For your sake, I hope you are making this up, because Welfare is cracking down hard on fraudsters and rightly so.
    Furthermore, any study at all at third level (even if you'd dropped out) would mean having to wait five years before you could apply for the BTEA.
    WRONG

why do you want to know what degrees i have and what the postgrad is in?? it makes no difference and is my business,all i can tell you is the 3 qualifications i will have after my year doing the postgrad are in 3 different areas.

Furthermore, any study at all at third level (even if you'd dropped out) would mean having to wait five years before you could apply for the BTEA.
    WRONG

Sorry, you're correct on that. That was the student grant I was thinking of.
    why do you want to know what degrees i have and what the postgrad is in?? it makes no difference and is my business,all i can tell you is the 3 qualifications i will have after my year doing the postgrad are in 3 different areas.

I couldn't really care what areas they were in. It was your inability to state even in the vaguest terms what they were that added to my suspicions that your story doesn't hold water.

You can ask. I've assisted people applying for it in the recent past is why I know about it.
    If what you're saying is entirely true, and I'm not convinced, then the staff in your local Welfare office have erroneously granted the award to you.
    Obviously I'd rather you nor anyone else was on the dole. Equally, I don't think people should be receiving benefits they are not entitled to.

I've assisted people applying for it in the recent past is why I know about it.
    i feel sorry for the people you helped because you obviously dont know what you are talking about. ill remind you of this to prove my point.
    Postgraduate courses
    You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Graduate Diploma in Education (primary and secondary teaching). Other types of postgraduate qualifications are not recognised for BTEA.

Obviously I'd rather you nor anyone else was on the dole. Equally, I don't think people should be receiving benefits they are not entitled to.[/

why??what has it got to do with you??live your own life and let other people live theirs,theres lots of things going on in the world that isnt nice or right but life is too short to be worrying about it. when did Irish people become so self righteous???????people need to get a life.

Sorry, you're correct on that. That was the student grant I was thinking of.

I couldn't really care what areas they were in. It was your inability to state even in the vaguest terms what they were that added to my suspicions that your story doesn't hold water.

to be honest with you I just dont like giving out too much info about myself online to someone I dont know, but i assure you what I have said is 100% truth. why would I bother lying in fairness.must have a chat with the guys in the social; welfare office to confirm i am entitled to still receive it,then I will personally meet you and show you my 2 degrees(dont get my second 1 till graduation in oct)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

As far as I know you can get BTEA for a second degree as long as it is progression.
    If you successfully complete a 3 year ordinary degree (level 7), then you can apply to have BTEA for the final add on year making it an honours degree (level 8).
    I've heard about this before but it's hard to find a good link making it clear, this is what I found eventually:
    http://www.itcarlow.ie/public/userfiles/files/pdfs/BAck-to-education-allowance.pdf
    Q3: Can I get the BTEA if I already have a third level qualification?
    A: If you already hold a third level undergraduate qualification, you can only apply for the BTEA to study an
    equivalent undergraduate course in exceptional circumstances. However, if you hold (e.g.) a Level 7 (Diploma or
    Ordinary Level Degree) qualification and wish to pursue a higher qualification, e.g. a Level 8 (Honours Degree)
    program, you may qualify. You should contact your local Social Welfare Office to see if you are eligible.

I don't know if they they pay you for the level 7 as well but I'm almost
    certain they can.

why??what has it got to do with you??live your own life and let other people live theirs,theres lots of things going on in the world that isnt nice or right but life is too short to be worrying about it. when did Irish people become so self righteous???????people need to get a life.

What has people receiving benefits they're not entitled got to do with me? I pay for them! That's what it has to do with me. It's hardly self-righteous to hope that benefit fraud is eradicated. The costs of fraud, and of policing it, both drain the pot for those who actually have need of those benefits, leading to the sort of cuts in entitlements we're now seeing every budget. Furthermore, it feeds into the sort of perspective that the unemployed and weakest in society are all layabout scammers that we've seen from some of the posters on this thread.

As far as I know you can get BTEA for a second degree as long as it is progression.
    If you successfully complete a 3 year ordinary degree (level 7), then you can apply to have BTEA for the final add on year making it an honours degree (level 8).
    I've heard about this before but it's hard to find a good link making it clear, this is what I found eventually:
    http://www.itcarlow.ie/public/userfiles/files/pdfs/BAck-to-education-allowance.pdf

I don't know if they they pay you for the level 7 as well but I'm almost
    certain they can.

the above into is bang on m8.they do give you the BTE for level 7 and 8.the 2 degrees I have.

• Advertisement

What has people receiving benefits they're not entitled got to do with me? I pay for them! That's what it has to do with me. It's hardly self-righteous to hope that benefit fraud is eradicated. The costs of fraud, and of policing it, both drain the pot for those who actually have need of those benefits, leading to the sort of cuts in entitlements we're now seeing every budget. Furthermore, it feeds into the sort of perspective that the unemployed and weakest in society are all layabout scammers that we've seen from some of the posters on this thread.

and as I have said dont worry about it, unless its your job to track these people down? you just worry about your own life.

Postgraduate courses

you didnt admit you were wrong here, Ithink what has happened here is your experience of the BTE was some time ago??things have changed greatly as far as I am aware because you were once only able to get the BTE for a postgrad in teaching NOT THE CASE NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

This country is not in the state it's in because of one person who's been on the dole since 1966.

This country is in the state it's in (hundreds of billions in debt) because of people who would have you think they're hard working virtuous people - think politicians, property speculators, and bankers.

Perspective anyone?

I think that people's opprobrium is misdirected. As Chuck says, it's not the unemployed who've fuked the place, it's the banks, politicians and greedy fuking dcikhead speculators. Leave the poor people alone, have a go at the fuks who are handing their ten - now worthless - houses back to the state and fuking off to the UK to declare bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Lad i know has been on the dole since 23, hes 35 this week...

Lives at home....

No expenses...

190 euro a week to play with...not many working people I know have that sorta cash to splash each friday!

He has no real push to work.. Probably both him and his parents are to blame truth be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

the above into is bang on m8.they do give you the BTE for level 7 and 8.the 2 degrees I have.

In other words you have a diploma and a degree as an add on.

No offence but thse so called "ordinary degrees" are diploma's under a posher name. They made the change a few years back.

Level 8 are true degrees and are recognised as such. Level 7 are diploma's - as per usual during the boom times in Ireland & when the so called "celtic cubs" and co were not happy saying they had a diploma and wanted to sound posh and more highly educated the Gov changed the names to "Ordinary Degrees".

Nothing to be ashamed of having a Diploma but this dressing up of something it is not is just silly.

You could not do 2 true degrees in 4 years - as a true degree is 4 years alone. So you obviously did the diploma a n then did the extra year or 2 depedning on the to bring up the level to a Level 8.

and as I have said dont worry about it, unless its your job to track these people down? you just worry about your own life.
    Spoken like a true dole bum.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

This country is not in the state it's in because of one person who's been on the dole since 1966.

This country is in the state it's in (hundreds of billions in debt) because of people who would have you think they're hard working virtuous people - think politicians, property speculators, and bankers.

Perspective anyone?

dont forget idiotic financial regulators who didnt have a clue what they were meant to be doing and were asleep at the wheel while the bankers and property developers were dancing rings around them.

long term dole recipitiants should have their dole reduced annually and be further incentivised to go out and get a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

There is only one solution to the problem and that's legalize mass killings of lazy dole scroungers. The army are doing bugger all else and could be drafted in to carry out the task. They could make it interesting by letting them all loose and make them run through forestry and have the army take them out from hidden vantage points. They could televise it and sell tickets. It would be a huge money spinner. It would make money and save millions. Why do none of these so called advisers in the dept of social welfare never come up with logical clear thought out simple programmes like this???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

cruais wrote: »
    Then he has the cheek to say he should be rewarded for possibly being the longest registered person on the dole!

He should, a gold medal for trolling.

ronan45 wrote: »
    Lad i know has been on the dole since 23, hes 35 this week...

Lives at home....

Probably both him and his parents are to blame truth be told.

I'd say its mostly his parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Jesus, I see the **** the institution brigade is out again in full force!

No mention of course that in realit it's the public's fault. What a society of blamers and irresponsible children we've become. It IS the fault of this man. It is the fault of the tax dodging self-employed (farmers, doctors, tradesmen etc.). It is the fault of joe public who is massively indebted and can't afford the loan he promissed to pay back. It is the fault of the voting public for choosing politicians who were known to be corrupt again and again.

The mania in this country really had to stop an some self reflection should really take place if there is to be any hope of a recovery and a chance to put in the necessary safeguards for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

This is disgraceful. I wonder what other benefits this record breaking scrounger is claiming for the last 40 plus years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

juice1304 wrote: »
    to be angry about get angry about the billions of euros worth of natural gas and oil off our coast being GIVEN away.

Not again. I thought people actually understood this issue at last. We don't have the money to speculate on the oil & gas, so we allow others to take the risk for us in return for a slice of the profits.. It's a sensible idea and saves us a lot of money. I'm not sure how much simpler I can make this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Driving home from work tonight and a well known talk show on a Dublin radio (give you three guesses ;) ) was talking about the troika and how they want to cut the dole.

This man phones up to say he hasn't worked a day in his life and has been on the dole since 1966! No wonder thus country is in the state it's in!

The majority of us are scraping the barrel, and this fecker is havin a great laugh at our expense! W@nker!

Then he has the cheek to say he should be rewarded for possibly being the longest registered person on the dole!

If you have ever been on the dole, how long for?

OP

Give us a name of that well known Dublin radio show

I want to listen to that podcast

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I think the confusion arose from your misleading statement that you had two degrees; evidently you just turned your Level 7 degree into a Level 8; that's not quite the same thing as having two degrees ; it all revolved around the same course of study.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The poster said he got the BTEA for an ordinary degree (level 7) and an honours degree (level 8) and is now embarking on a postgraduate degree (HDip or PGDE). He is entitled to receive BTEA for all of the above legitmately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Wompa1 wrote: »
    No education or achievements!? Why not? If I was on the dole I'd probably have a lot more certificates in my line of work than I have at the moment. Damn jobs, they take up the whole day!

Also you can get the dole after you finish college. Guy could have a PhD.

Was there someone forcing you at gunpoint to get a job or something? You were, and still are, free to make the same choices our mate on the dole made. Why did you decide to work? Decent standard of living, sense of achievement or self-worth, purpose to your life, social benefits? Sure if they mean less to you than lying on the couch all day* like the guy you're complaining about, there's nothing to stop you living his life, if that's what you really want.

* I'm not talking about people who genuinely want to find a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It was on the news in the past week or so that 1,200 people who were on the dole and who were offered training but refused, ended up having their welfare benefits stopped.

I think this is the right approach, if someone can work but refuses to do the training or take up employment, then give them nothing, it will give them an incentive.

CJC999 wrote: »
    There is only one solution to the problem and that's legalize mass killings of lazy dole scroungers. The army are doing bugger all else and could be drafted in to carry out the task. They could make it interesting by letting them all loose and make them run through forestry and have the army take them out from hidden vantage points. They could televise it and sell tickets. It would be a huge money spinner. It would make money and save millions. Why do none of these so called advisers in the dept of social welfare never come up with logical clear thought out simple programmes like this???

I wonder would the subsequent army deafness claims negate the social welfare savings though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

juan.kerr wrote: »

I wonder would the subsequent army deafness claims negate the social welfare savings though?

I believe this could be taken care of by using silencers on their guns.

I believe this could be taken care of by using silencers on their guns.

Well spotted. Pity they didn't think of this before the last wave of deafness claims.

No doubt they'd sue for PTSD this time round instead.

• Advertisement

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Spoken like a true dole bum.:D

sorry? I am on the BTE not the dole. when someone is in college are they a bum??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

He wont be on it for much longer, On the dole since 1966, assuming he was 18 when he went on the dole, that means he was born in 1948 and is 64 years old. 2 years away from pension age.

tbh wrote: »
    Was there someone forcing you at gunpoint to get a job or something? You were, and still are, free to make the same choices our mate on the dole made. Why did you decide to work? Decent standard of living, sense of achievement or self-worth, purpose to your life, social benefits? Sure if they mean less to you than lying on the couch all day* like the guy you're complaining about, there's nothing to stop you living his life, if that's what you really want.

* I'm not talking about people who genuinely want to find a job
    I think the point is that that the poster as a tax payer would not have to pay so much tax if there were less spongers.

I personally know 15 people on the dole.
    1 of them is genuinely seeking work and my heart goes out to him because I see the effort he makes, the crummy part time jobs / short term contracts, the distances he commutes.

The others: lads who get cash in hand and dole, students with pass degrees and unwilling to settle for less than blue chip job offers, very qualified people holding out for jobs in their chosen field (architecture) and unwilling to retrain or emigrate (why should they? 4 years unemployed and no return to the construction boom in sight), and a large number who consider the dole to be great craic (because they live together they have a great social scene, and its all free).

later12 wrote: »
    I think the confusion arose from your misleading statement that you had two degrees; evidently you just turned your Level 7 degree into a Level 8; that's not quite the same thing as having two degrees ; it all revolved around the same course of study.

i do have 2 degrees an ordinary degree and an honours degree. the two degrees are related in a way but my ordinary degree is totally different from someone who was doing business for 4 years.business is what i have the honours degree in.

i do have 2 degrees an ordinary degree and an honours degree. the two degrees are related in a way but my ordinary degree is totally different from someone who was doing business for 4 years.business is what i have the honours degree in.
    If I have an apple and a pear I have two pieces of fruit. I dont have two pears.

I agree with an earlier poster, they should have never changed the name of diplomas to ordinary degrees. It causes this type of confusion.

If I have an apple and a pear I have two pieces of fruit. I dont have two pears.

I agree with an earlier poster, they should have never changed the name of diplomas to ordinary degrees. It causes this type of confusion.

lol right i have a diploma and a degree if that makes ya happier:pac: it wasnt the point i was making anyway originally.eventhough when you have lecturers calling them ordinary degrees and honours degrees what do ya expect.the point of it all is dole is a waste of time but the BTE is a great idea, and to think marry harney wanted to get rid of it:mad:

"If I have an apple and a pear I have two pieces of fruit. I dont have two pears"

i actually do have 2 pears m8 because what my 2 degrees enable me to do is get employment in 2 totally different areas.

lol right i have a diploma and a degree if that makes ya happier:pac: it wasnt the point i was making anyway originally.eventhough when you have lecturers calling them ordinary degrees and honours degrees what do ya expect.the point of it all is dole is a waste of time but the BTE is a great idea, and to think marry harney wanted to get rid of it:mad:
    And other posters said they were happy with the idea of progression, ie from NFQ 7 to 8, that it was the idea of two [honours] degrees they found wasteful. If you havent understood that, the state may not be getting its money's worth on your education.

edit:/
    i actually do have 2 pears m8 because what my 2 degrees enable me to do is get employment in 2 totally different areas.
    If you think a 7 has equal value to an 8, I definitely feel as a tax payer that I want a refund...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Edz87 wrote: »
    Fair play to him.

why fair play to him ? if it is such a good idea do you also follow his lifestyle,the guys who dont want to work ( and we all know many of them )there is nothing fair about them:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

And other posters said they were happy with the idea of progression, ie from NFQ 7 to 8, that it was the idea of two [honours] degrees they found wasteful. If you havent understood that, the state may not be getting its money's worth on your education.

It's hard to avoid that conclusion.

edit:/

If you think a 7 has equal value to an 8, I definitely feel as a tax payer that I want a refund...

ill think you find they didnt mention anything about 2 honours degree they just said degrees.
    "If you havent understood that, the state may not be getting its money's worth on your education"

haha so sorry, i wish i was as clever as you:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Driving home from work tonight and a well known talk show on a Dublin radio (give you three guesses ;) ) was talking about the troika and how they want to cut the dole.

This man phones up to say he hasn't worked a day in his life and has been on the dole since 1966! No wonder thus country is in the state it's in!

The majority of us are scraping the barrel, and this fecker is havin a great laugh at our expense! W@nker!

If you have ever been on the dole, how long for?

Jesus EFFING Christ!!

Nothing to do with billions robbed and speculated on in exotic casino-esque derivatives, eh?

If I had a penny for the number of times I hear people barf out "no wonder da country's ruined" bollocks over the most trivial of misdemeanours I'd be minted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

What a stupid Country we live in

Found out today that i got a place on a course i was looking for

Only thing is that although i will qualify for Btea i have to pay the course fee of €650 and wait for it to be refunded :eek:

Can anyone please explain the logic of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

I can't listen to people regurgitate this kind of waffle. It only proves ignorance to the true cause of a financial recession and economic decline.

In fact this plays rather well in favor of those truly responsible for the our cash flow crisis. It means we focus our attention on our peers as though they are somehow, as you put it, "not helping" or responsible in any way shape or form!

It's not the scroungy mate who just finished college but hasn't gotten it together to get a job. It's not the guy you meet in the pub every other weekend who always seems to have beer money but doesn't work stable job. It's not the guy on the radio bragging about his lengthy sentence in a dole queue.

They aren't "stealing" your taxes.

We were sold out by people we trusted with our entire financial infrastructure. A greater power is at play above the goons we have at the helm.

But your mate on the dole is not the problem.

no- your correct , his is not the problem , he is PART of the problem , and he should be dealt with in conjunction with the bankers and politicians

all this bumpkin about "its not the dole scrounge is the problem , it's the bankers" bla bla bla - well im sorry but HE is the problem

and the system he is abusing is also the problem , as is his handler in the SW office , and their manager , and department heads and on and on ..........

absolving the scrounge because others have done worse is idiotic and part of the problem

it has to be a collective clearing of the system , not picking on one group
    but the people who are taking the piss in our nations time of most need should be dealt with and dealt with harshly - no matter if they are a lazy dole bum or a CEo of a bank or head of a regulatory body

IMO the radio station should be Forced to reveal this guys name to the SW , and we then shall see how cocky he is trying to justify his theft of OUR social fund

the guy is a scum bag - along with all the others - let us not forget that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Sparks43 wrote: »
    What a stupid Country we live in

Found out today that i got a place on a course i was looking for

Only thing is that although i will qualify for Btea i have to pay the course fee of €650 and wait for it to be refunded :eek:

Can anyone please explain the logic of this?

well, we've a hugely inefficient beaucratic system in Ireland, to justify the existence of the thousands of middle management pencil pusher adminstrators in our civil & public service they come up with inept plans such as what you are experiencing to keep some busy and well paid doing a needless job basically shuffling papers around a desk between tea breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

"If I have an apple and a pear I have two pieces of fruit. I dont have two pears"

What are the two totally different areas?

Now if you have a Degree in Business and a Degree in Science /Engineering that is having qualifications in two different subject / employement areas.
    As far as I know you cannot go from turing a diploma in businss into a science degree. The step up has to be in same area.

When you go for a postgrad it can differ if postgrad course is a conversion one? Going from a business degree to a post grad in computing for example.

Otherwise all it means is that you turned you diploma in a subject -say business into a degree in something related say marketing and mgt.

When I was in college 10 years ago it was the same. I did the full 4 year of a BBS degree -however we had diploma students from the Diploma in marketing & langauges course come in and do the final year ( sometimes it was the 3 & 4th year) with us and get a BBS degree - as the final 2 years of the BBS course were specialised streams in 4 subject areas - so dimploma in a/c went to accounting stream etc

So they could say they could work in 2 different areas marketing or general business, management etc but really we were all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You've been trolled

Very little on that FM104 show is real, they get media students to call up on controversial topics, whip up a storm and sit back for the reaction

Jaaaacinta on welfare looking for a bigger house doesn't exist, it's a respectable media student making a small amount of money by doing whatever story the producer wants

All staged tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You've been trolled

Very little on that FM104 show is real, they get media students to call up on controversial topics, whip up a storm and sit back for the reaction

Jaaaacinta on welfare looking for a bigger house doesn't exist, it's a respectable media student making a small amount of money by doing whatever story the producer wants

All staged tbh

interesting - dont doubt you but how do you know this ? and more to the point can you prove it ?
    i know the different political party's get the national office staff to text radio stations with negative feed back when opposing side are on air , common knowledge - if my memory serves me right did FF/FG no get caugh doing this a few years ago ??

anyway - i would love to know does that ACTUALLY happen or is it a urban myth ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

4FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Do they call it "the dole" in any other country bar Ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement