Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you eat?

• 30-08-2012 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Ahoy there!

Well, recently myself and a friend of mine have been discussing what we would/wouldn't eat. I mean, not in a 'desert island' situation, but what is the limit of your gastronomic tolerance! Would you eat a rat, a cat, an owl?!

I think I'd try rat; Not some dirty sewer rat from Ballymun! I'd try a succulent, juicy domesticated rat!

I wouldn't eat a 17 year old tom cat with feline aids, but I would try a nice, healthy domesticated cat without diseases and whatnot!

Deep-fried owl may not sound overly tasty, but I'd give it a go. Hoot knows, it might be lovely?--that was an awful pun, wasn't it?

Anyway, back to the point, what would you eat? What are your limits?--Cat, dog,kangaroo,crocodile, squirrel, dock-leaves!, human?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

yore ma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I love an aul disease-ridden pussy, I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

yore ma

Uh oh :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

yore ma

Uh oh :eek:

If you seen what she eats..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I've eaten crocodile before, absolutely delicious, pidgeon, rabbit, pheasant, octopus...

I'd eat anything as long as its not going to kill me. ANd It's not an insect.

Anything else meaty I'd try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Pikachu cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Actually i'd struggle with dog tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Lisa: I'm going to become a vegetarian.
    Homer: Does that mean you're not going to eat any pork?
    Lisa: Yes.
    Homer: Bacon?
    Lisa: Yes Dad.
    Homer: Ham?
    Lisa: Dad all those meats come from the same animal.
    Homer: Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Actually i'd struggle with dog tbh

This will sound crazy, but I think dog is the only thing I couldn't eat. I think I know how it will taste already. Like a really dark brown meat with a strong flavour.

I'd probably try it just to see if I was right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gualot

Aye, I've always thought Labradors look fairly tasty...although I could never take the knife to poor old Chester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Gualot wrote: »
    Aye, I've always thought Labradors look fairly tasty...although I could never take the knife to poor old Chester!

He shoots! He scores! He'll eat your Labrador. Park Ji Sung. Park Ji Sung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I'd eat anything that has a face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

McDonalds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The only thing I won't eat is fish or snails. Might be the slimeyness. Had alligator. It's really good. I ate Quail before too, not very nice so probably wouldn't have it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'd eat anything that has a face.
    Been at the bath salts again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think I'd try most mammals, birds, and reptiles. Not too keen on fish, and insects sound nasty.
    Human I would be willing to try if the situation called for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm veggie, so that somewhat limits the extent of what I would eat for experimentation purposes.

I've always toyed with the idea of making black pudding out of human blood (preferably my own!), but that presents a number of logistical difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I wouldn't eat any animal that is carnivorous or a scavenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ill eat anything that doesnt make me sick. A few examples Ive eaten:

Maggots
    Grasshoppers
    Antelope
    Bison
    Crocodile
    Alligator
    Dog
    "Normal" meats
    Octopus
    Shark

So yeah, dont invite me to south africa. Ill just be walking down the road taking bites from everything, just like Homer in Sweet Land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

seamus wrote: »
    I'm veggie, so that somewhat limits the extent of what I would eat for experimentation purposes.

I've always toyed with the idea of making black pudding out of human blood (preferably my own!), but that presents a number of logistical difficulties.

I always find my own blood tasty enough. Like when you cut yourself and put it in your mouth. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ahoy there!

Well, recently myself and a friend of mine have been discussing what we would/wouldn't eat. I mean, not in a 'desert island' situation, but what is the limit of your gastronomic tolerance! Would you eat a rat, a cat, an owl?!

I think I'd try rat; Not some dirty sewer rat from Ballymun! I'd try a succulent, juicy domesticated rat!

I wouldn't eat a 17 year old tom cat with feline aids, but I would try a nice, healthy domesticated cat without diseases and whatnot!

Deep-fried owl may not sound overly tasty, but I'd give it a go. Hoot knows, it might be lovely?--that was an awful pun, wasn't it?

Anyway, back to the point, what would you eat? What are your limits?--Cat, dog,kangaroo,crocodile, squirrel, dock-leaves!, human?!

Any vergetable.
    I do not and wouldn't eat any animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

I think I'd try rat; Not some dirty sewer rat from Ballymun!

Nice.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement