Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25) Aug 31/Sept 3, 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

With the 9 point gap now any team dropping points will rule themselves out of the race entirely.

Bohs is always a team we struggle against but we've been playing fairly well of late and should be hopeful of three points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Last place Rovers need to be going when needing three points is Cork. Appalling record there. I've seen more goals scored by Rovers in the Europa League Group Stages than I have seen down in Cork.

Also, Chris Turner has left Rovers with immediate effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

for once I be happy with draw here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Not that I ever want to see Bohs lose a game but I really wouldn't be too upset if Sligo got the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

A win for Shels and that's a Derry whitewash for us. Don't think that has ever happened before as they've traditionally been a bogie team for us no matter how well or bad either team is doing. Having said that I'll be happy enough with a draw as long as it doesn't involve conceding a late goal. Can't remember the last game I was at that we won!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent seen a league goal in Richmond since June.

Dont see that changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cup exit means our season is pretty much over.

Should be a good game on Friday. Looking for Gearoid Morrissey to carry on from the performance in Tallaght and really be the driving force for the side. Davin O'Neill can't be allowed to play out wide again. His display in Tallaght was beyond crap.

Fancy us to win 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dan1895 wrote: »
    A win for Shels and that's a Derry whitewash for us. Don't think that has ever happened before as they've traditionally been a bogie team for us no matter how well or bad either team is doing. Having said that I'll be happy enough with a draw as long as it doesn't involve conceding a late goal. Can't remember the last game I was at that we won!

Sure New Derry aren't that long around! ;)

I'll take a draw given our woeful home record this season, muck crowd, muck match and I'll hopefully won't be walking around Tolka with a big white bandage on my face this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Huge match for Bray, a win should mean they stay up and maybe even climb a few places at the same time.

Then a nice reward of Reading on Sunday.

Who's in goal for Cork tonight?

• Advertisement

If McNulty is suspended then Kevin Burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Will next week's fixtures not be getting moved since Ireland are playing on Friday night?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Will next week's fixtures not be getting moved since Ireland are playing on Friday night?

They are? :confused:
    Shows how much I care about the national team.

Hammer, send me a text if you're going tonight' although I will be firmly up for Bray.

SantryRed wrote: »
    We're down to play Dundalk on the Monday night, assume the full round will be on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

We're away to Bray next friday, then home to Derry the following monday. That would suggest 2 rounds of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sure New Derry aren't that long around! ;)

I'll take a draw given our woeful home record this season, muck crowd, muck match and I'll hopefully won't be walking around Tolka with a big white bandage on my face this week!

First of all I read, 'walking around Tolka with a white flag' ;)

Anyway, this is the testimonial match, is it? Alone for that reason, I hope, Shels win win :)

We're away to Bray next friday, then home to Derry the following monday. That would suggest 2 rounds of fixtures.
    Possibly. We might be due to play Monaghan on Friday actually which would make sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Not making it today unfortunately. Should be a good game though Bray seem to have the measure of us this season. Gonna make the trip to Dundalk next week though. I'd say the winner of that game will stay clear of the relegation playoff.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cork take the lead against Shams, 1-0

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dundalk one up V Drogheda.

Griffin.

Latest:-

Drogheda 0-1 Dundalk

UCD 1-0 Bray

Cork 1-0 Shamrock Rovers

Shelbourne 0-1 Derry

2-0 Dundalk now, be a big win for them

Edit - Drogs pull one back, 1-2 to Dundalk, sounds lie a good game.

Drogheda 3-2 Dundalk FT

UCD 3-1 Bray L

Cork 1-2 Shamrock Rovers FT

Shelbourne 0-2 Derry L

Bray missed way too many chances, the score line lies as to how the game went. Draw would have been fair result. But sure not much ya can do, UCD deserve a bit of luck at some point. This fixture always delivers entertainment, its great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone want a free Shels season ticket? No? Didn't think so.

Dundalk went from looking like getting out of bottom to drifting further away ina couple of minutes.

Good comeback for Rovers, still can't rule them out of the title.

More pressure on Mathews, get the impression from some shels fans that they almost wanted to lose today if it led to him getting the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great result for the Candystripes tonight.

Deserved 1-2 win for Rovers.

That game summed up our season.

• Advertisement

Dundalk went from looking like getting out of bottom to drifting further away ina couple of minutes.

Good comeback for Rovers, still can't rule them out of the title.

More pressure on Mathews, get the impression from some shels fans that they almost wanted to lose today if it led to him getting the sack.
    No we wanted to win tonight, and for him to be sacked afterwards. If the man doesn't leave after that, he has no pride or self-respect. Not one solitary shot on goal.

Limerick may be top of the league but I'd say the majority of their supporters want shot of Scully.

Another loss to a Top 3 side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved 1-2 win for Rovers.

That game summed up our season.

It sure did. Depleted but when we were 1 up Horgan had a free header in the 6 yard box that really should have put away. I seem to remember he had a super chance in the cup match. Then we were 1 on 1 with their keeper , he saved and the rebound......fúckin hell.....how does anyone manage not to put that away.
    Had we gone 2 up we had a chance to hold out. rovers in the second half were by far the better team and deserved the win as the lack of depth in the squad showed. Good crowd though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

A win next week and we're all but safe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very disappointing tonight. I knew we would more likely come away with nothing, but yet again things could have been different.

Very frustrating.

CSF wrote: »
    No we wanted to win tonight, and for him to be sacked afterwards. If the man doesn't leave after that, he has no pride or self-respect. Not one solitary shot on goal.

I suppose, he is still there? :confused:

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Yup, seriously considering taking a little break until he is gone. Its unbearable.

Yup, seriously considering taking a little break until he is gone. Its unbearable.
    Its absolutely awful alright. Cant believe some people applauded the team off. Despite having a season ticket i'll be given the next match or two a miss. I can watch Shels have no shots on target from my living room.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Great result for the Candystripes tonight.

In all fairness Derry were sh1te, we were just a million times worse! 39 Derry fans in the Riverside, what happened the decent away crowds they used to bring?
    dan1895 wrote: »
    Its absolutely awful alright. Cant believe some people applauded the team off. Despite having a season ticket i'll be given the next match or two a miss. I can watch Shels have no shots on target from my living room.

The silent protest from the section in the New Stand was great, then Matthews tries to be funny and gets a dog load of abuse! I generally fear for our attendances home and away from next Friday onwards!

It's starting to become a chore, making the next 3 games I'd say, then missing Bray at home due to a Christening most likely (thankfully).

Three quotes from Matthews tonight after the match:
    "The fans are awful, deplorable people",
    "The pitch is deplorable",
    "The fans have a cheek calling for Deano back after his performance tonight".

"Always the victim" chant comes to mind! Hope he finds the door and the rope on the way out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Johnny mac is looking for a job :)

Plays decent football and has a funny voice.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Johnny mac is looking for a job :)

Plays decent football and has a funny voice.

I'd take anyone at this stage (aside from Roddy). If those quotes are true (hopefully ShelsTV don't edit them) I doubt Mathews will even have to leave on his own accord...

• Advertisement

Has Seany Connor been sacked in Zimbabwe yet? Ye could get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd take anyone at this stage (aside from Roddy). If those quotes are true (hopefully ShelsTV don't edit them) I doubt Mathews will even have to leave on his own accord...

He got you's promoted, didn't he! More than Keely ever did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Has Seany Connor been sacked in Zimbabwe yet? Ye could get him in.

Yeah, was sacked a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't his fault of course.

monkey9 wrote: »

By default really, put us in a division where 3 teams go up and Keely would have got us up too, and Keely isn't even very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In all fairness Derry were sh1te, we were just a million times worse! 39 Derry fans in the Riverside, what happened the decent away crowds they used to bring?

We have been sh1te for most of the season, performances well down, but it was more the result I was happy with. I take the bad performances now as a given.

As for the crowds, well they have fallen off badly at home too, so not surprised our travelling numbers are so low. I think its a mixture of apathy, the poor performances, the recession.

Only just back. It will remain an eternal mystery for mankind how that open goal was missed.

Rovers were doing everything but putting the ball in until Finn scored. Great view of the second from the far end and well held out compared to previous years.

A win in Cork.:eek:

The silent protest from the section in the New Stand was great, then Matthews tries to be funny and gets a dog load of abuse! I generally fear for our attendances home and away from next Friday onwards!

It's starting to become a chore, making the next 3 games I'd say, then missing Bray at home due to a Christening most likely (thankfully).

"Always the victim" chant comes to mind! Hope he finds the door and the rope on the way out!

If he said that, he should better pack his bags.

Anyway, should I get time off for the match against St. Pats, I guess, I'll stay in the Bar ;)

If he said that, he should better pack his bags.

Anyway, should I get time off for the match against St. Pats, I guess, I'll stay in the Bar ;)
    Might have to join you, and I don't even drink!!!

monkey9 wrote: »

In all fairness with the budget he was given last season anyone (even Roddy) could have gotten us promotion, the board stated that they "pushed the boat out" money wise to fund Mathews squad, granted it's been reduced this year but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

our games on Setanta 1 tomorrow at 8 for anybody that wants to watch. haven't lost a league game in the showgrounds in over a year now so hopefully that trend continues!
    Time for Three

• Advertisement
Advertisement