Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 25) Aug 31/Sept 3, 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

team news
    Rovers
    Bohs

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can see it being a comfortable enough win for Sligo, we're missing some key players and it's looking more and more likely we'll finish comfortably mid table, so motivation mightn't be at its highest.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

shanec1928 wrote: »
    our games on Setanta 1 tomorrow at 8 for anybody that wants to watch. haven't lost a league game in the showgrounds in over a year now so hopefully that trend continues!
    Time for Three

Remind me where else you have lost games this season? ( I just want other fans to be reminded).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

CSF wrote: »
    Might have to join you, and I don't even drink!!!

I'm the one with the 'Dortmund' t-shirt, can't miss me, I should be the only one with a shirt like that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

LiamMc wrote: »
    Remind me where else you have lost games this season? ( I just want other fans to be reminded).

UCD in the Bowl. 1-0 to the Students in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I'm the one with the 'Dortmund' t-shirt, can't miss me, I should be the only one with a shirt like that ;)
    And I'll be the 1 in the Hertha cap!!

CSF wrote: »
    And I'll be the 1 in the Hertha cap!!

You support Hertha? I have a scarf somewhere in the house, if you want it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You support Hertha? I have a scarf somewhere in the house, if you want it :D
    I wouldn't say support, I've a fondness for all the teams I've visited (and theres many), I picked up a scarf when I was there. Thanks though.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    our games on Setanta 1 tomorrow at 8 for anybody that wants to watch. haven't lost a league game in the showgrounds in over a year now so hopefully that trend continues!
    Time for Three
    keeping up with the stats the last time we conceded more than two goals in the league was nearly two years ago against fingal.when we won 4-3. usually some good facts on the rovers twitter account for anybody who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Big games coming thick and fast for Bohs, and the cup game against Dundalk is the main priority over the next few weeks. Guessing Callaghan's rotation thoughts and team selections has been hard at the best of times this season so I wouldn't know what team to expect tonight. Sligo should win handy and none of the travelling support will be too upset if they do. A decent performance and a narrow defeat please. :)

McNulty injured for bohs in the warm up apparently, Sexton in goals now. Heary, Feely and now McNulty missing for our defence now. Hard to see Sligo not scoring.

1-0 Sligo, Quigley. Sexton ****ing about with the ball putting us under pressure.

2-0 Sligo, Sexton having a nightmare.

3-0, game over before half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks for the updates SciencNerd. Only have Setanta Ireland. Asked FSS if they would stream the game. No luck there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Have a look at the Bohs forum. ;)

Thanks for the updates SciencNerd. Only have Setanta Ireland. Asked FSS if they would stream the game. No luck there either.
    Sent you a pm there

• Advertisement

3 up second half just started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some win for Mervue tonight. :eek:

Solid win for Pats. Needed that to retain any slim title hopes. Roll on the Gypos on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Derry should stop doing favours for teams in Europe after the FAI making us travel to Dublin twice in 4 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Derry should stop doing favours for teams in Europe after the FAI making us travel to Dublin twice in 4 days

Lucky you....we have to travel northside Dublin twice in 4 days :(

handy enough win, once Derry tired it was always going to be a Saints win. 1st half was entertaining from both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lucky you....we have to travel northside Dublin twice in 4 days :(

handy enough win, once Derry tired it was always going to be a Saints win. 1st half was entertaining from both sides.

Is the gear not of the same quality as Inchicore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Madworld wrote: »
    Is the gear not of the same quality as Inchicore?

No its a bit rundown and dilapidated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dour game in Tallaght, but a win nevertheless. Stephen Kenny's latest cup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »
    Dour game in Tallaght, but a win nevertheless. Stephen Kenny's latest cup..

For a fairly revamped Pats CY squad compared to last season, and the start to their LSL they've had yous probably should have torn them a new one. Was it all one way? Going by the stats on Bet365 it was nearly all one sided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Good first half last night. Second was fairly poor as we had the game won by half time. Disappointing not to keep the clean sheet in the end, not that it really matters.

Bohs keeper was terrible.

Our third goal was a beauty. Must have been about thirty passes in the build-up. Played out from the back and across the box until Lynch made his run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Good first half last night. Second was fairly poor as we had the game won by half time. Disappointing not to keep the clean sheet in the end, not that it really matters.

Bohs keeper was terrible.

Our third goal was a beauty. Must have been about thirty passes in the build-up. Played out from the back and across the box until Lynch made his run.

I thought Rovers played well in the second half, did all the simple things right. Kept possession, played good passing football and were unlucky not to score a couple more.

Any ideas, if the Shamrock Rovers vs Shels match is somewhere on the telly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

For a fairly revamped Pats CY squad compared to last season, and the start to their LSL they've had yous probably should have torn them a new one. Was it all one way? Going by the stats on Bet365 it was nearly all one sided.

All one way. They had good centre halves, but their keeper kept them in it. Dennehy could have given a 10 yard head start on his fullback and beaten him.

GON and Kavanagh started upfront, and right back in central midfield and a left back at centre half, so obviously Rovers were a bit goalshy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

St Pat's 1-0 Derry City

St Pat's 2-0 Derry City

St Pat's 3-0 Derry City

Advertisement