Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling from Mullingar to Carlow

Options
  • 30-08-2012 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

does anyone know any direct travel options from Mullingar to Carlow on sundays? and then from Carlow to Mullingar on fridays? (attending college there) I do not drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

As far as I am aware you need to get a bus/train to Athlone/Dublin then get a different train/bus to Mullingar, there are no direct trains or buses to/from Carlow/Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

You could get from Athlone to Portlaoise and then from Portlaoise to Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

does anyone know any direct travel options from Mullingar to Carlow on sundays? and then from Carlow to Mullingar on fridays? (attending college there) I do not drive.

Years ago O'Briens/Rover Coaches (lynn road) did a service between Mullingar and Portloaise on the weekends - not sure if they are still doing it.

Portloaise is only about 30 miles from Carlow - there should be transport from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 deadman1693

thanks for the responses! :) still trying to figure out the best way to and back from Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

When I went to college in Waterford there was a bus from Athlone on a Sunday evening at about 7.30 (Waterford bus starts out in Longford and then they had a separate bus that went to Carlow when colleges were back so Waterford bus didn't have to go to Carlow also). Also there was a bus back on a Friday afternoon (I think it got into Carlow at around 4.30) that used to get into Athlone at about 6.30-7 I think. Its been a number of years since I graduated :( so I don't know if this is still the timetable. Give Bus Eireann a call in Athlone and I'm sure they could tell you.

There was a train from Waterford I think that went to Tullamore as some people I knew from Mullingar used to get it but I am not sure if that went through Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 deadman1693

thanks for all the answers people! :)
    i sorted out a lift down from carlow on fridays from a friend and on sundays to travel back up i'll get a bus from tullamore! :) thanks for all the answers!

Advertisement