Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild wars 2 hints, tips and playthrough

• 30-08-2012 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey guys, for those of you new to the game there is quite a lot of info to take in. To help this, I've begun a series of video's to help new players.
    They are titled to give some indication of what they are about.
    The link is here for those interested - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFEF8D0725A1E33D2&feature=plcp

But to keep the thread alive for those not so interested in video's here are some of those tips directly.

- You can split item stacks in your bags by holding the alt key and click dragging an item to a new position
    - You can paint where you want to go on the map to your other party members by holding down the shift key and left clicking and dragging across the map
    Following this, shift + single click will setup a ping, and alt+ single click will set a personal waypoint marker.
    -You inventory has several ways to maintain bag space by selecting the cog at the top right of the bag - surprising how many people miss this.

Anyone else manage to find anything outside of the usual, things that are not exactly told to the player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

Oh there is a free hat related to the launch of the game available in the trade network by the way, should be under cosmetics for 0 gems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One that everyone seems to miss is you can add to your bank space by clicking the greyed out icon on the bottom right of your bank screen.
    I think it costs 300 gems however, not even sure how much real money that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For all the rangers out there, bind your pets F2 attack to a hotkey because they really don't use the ability unless you tell them too. It adds alot of dps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

Dcully wrote: »
    One that everyone seems to miss is you can add to your bank space by clicking the greyed out icon on the bottom right of your bank screen.
    I think it costs 300 gems however, not even sure how much real money that is.

Currently its 800 gems = 10eur
    I think the final bag slot space is 400 gems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Not sure how blatantly this is stated in game, but discovered that typing:
    /[channel] and hitting enter changes your chat to whatever channel you type. For example /map /say /guild.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

delta36 wrote: »
    Not sure how blatantly this is stated in game, but discovered that typing:
    /[channel] and hitting enter changes your chat to whatever channel you type. For example /map /say /guild.

Pretty much standard in every mmo that mate :)

Just use /m /s /g etc its a lot faster ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Dcully wrote: »
    Pretty much standard in every mmo that mate :)

Just use /m /s /g etc its a lot faster ;)

Hah, I didn't actually know about the shorter versions cheers for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

For those complaining about bag space.

Make an Alt, bring him to Lion Arch, fill up with 8 slot bags and sit him at one of the crafting stations. Use him as a bank as needed.

I have an alt that does all my jewelcrafting. Whenever I want to craft I deposit my mats. Log the alt and I'm ready to craft immediately without wasting time and silver warping around on my main.

It's also great for getting your alt free levels if you plan on playing them later! :)

Advertisement