Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Review 2012

Options
  • 30-08-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

The last forum review thread was from the beginning of 2011 so it's probably high time we had another one. As before, this is a chance to provide any forum-related feedback or suggestions you have on how things could be improved around here.

Please keep it civil and obviously if it's something you'd prefer to keep private, PM me. You can also PM lord lucan if you want to complain about me :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think the forum is a pretty good one. Good mods and for the most part good posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I know that there are hardly any of them now on the main page, but can we implement some kind of restriction on list threads? Something like what the film forum has at the moment.

Just that it is annoying to log on and just see people listing out there favorite album/band/genre/video and have no discussion going on. It's just a bit dull going through those type of threads.

I'm not saying have a total ban on list threads, just encourage discussion in them instead of them being post after post of album names.

Other than that, the forum is in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

This is the only forum I regularly visit, but I think in general there's a good variety of thread types and topics. Mods are fair and usually the vibe is friendly and respectful. Thumbs up R&M!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Of the forums I frequently read on Boards this is the most smoothly run of them all. I rarely see bans or somewhere where mods have to step in. Discussion is usually in good spirits.

I think there's a general easy going feel around here, which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Schism wrote: »
    Of the forums I frequently read on Boards this is the most smoothly run of them all. I rarely see bans or somewhere where mods have to step in. Discussion is usually in good spirits.

I think the fact that only a small group of people post on the forum regularly contributes to that fact. Maybe it's not the busiest forum around and it could do with a bit more discussion but all round it's a decent place for an aul lurk or post.

Plus the fact that somebody can admit to liking a certain band that may not be, by consensus considered relevant/cool eg. Limp Bizkit (and to justify it) without being ridiculed is something you don't see on many Rock/Metal forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Some coke and suicide girl hookers would be nice.
    Passenger wrote: »
    Plus the fact that somebody can admit to liking a certain band that may not be, by consensus considered relevant/cool eg. Limp Bizkit (and to justify it) without being ridiculed is something you don't see on many Rock/Metal forums.
    I do admit this takes effort. I had to make a conscious effort not to post in the recent Nickelback thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Some coke and suicide girl hookers would be nice.

haha yes.. an interesting R&M take on the general boards saying!

On a serious note... this must be the best run, most civilised forum on boards. Apart from one seriously annoying troll a while back, ive not seen anything other than positive discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you want Suicide Girls there's alway the Slydice Specials forum ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Who do I PM to complain about you both?

Joking joking joking

Who do I PM to complain about you both?
    The other Music Cat Mod Doctor DooM would be your first port of call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Quite enjoyable this forum is, that's for sure :)

Unless I annoy everyone with mentioning certain female singers all the time ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nothing I can really complain about. Posters are good, mods are good, it's all good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mod hat aside,the thing i enjoy most about R&M is that people can post about bands without getting flamed for their opinion. Whilst discussion invariably focuses on the 'heavyweights',there's plenty of room for all here. I for one prefer that discussion ticks along nicely. Sure it could be a lot busier but it would probably mean more crap and filler.

I'm going to take this opportunity to thank the posters here who report posts. I've an 8 week old Baby Lucan at home and haven't been on here as much lately as a result but thanks to posters who have reported some posts it's made moderation a much easier task.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

lord lucan wrote: »
    Mod hat aside,the thing i enjoy most about R&M is that people can post about bands without getting flamed for their opinion. Whilst discussion invariably focuses on the 'heavyweights',there's plenty of room for all here. I for one prefer that discussion ticks along nicely. Sure it could be a lot busier but it would probably mean more crap and filler.

I'm going to take this opportunity to thank the posters here who report posts. I've an 8 week old Baby Lucan at home and haven't been on here as much lately as a result but thanks to posters who have reported some posts it's made moderation a much easier task.:)

Congrats on the new mini-you. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Congrats on the baby LL

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Congrats lord lucan :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Forum is grand, only thing that gets on my tits though is all the Appreciation Threads that used to pop up, and now we seem to have Song Wars popping up every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I actually like the song wars.
    The forum doesn't get a massive amount of traffic in terms of posting, and the song wars help generate a bit of discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice wrote: »
    If you want Suicide Girls there's alway the Slydice Specials forum ;).
    Now you've captivated my interest! Who do I apply to for access?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Now you've captivated my interest! Who do I apply to for access?
    The moderator, Lump, should be able to sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement