Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aeronautical Engineering PhD/MEng

• 30-08-2012 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Do UL offer any PhD in Aeronautical Engineering?

I know they recently added the MEng in Aero and I was just wondering if anyone knew about a PhD.

If they don't, has anyone taken up the new MEng in Aero? Can you give any important info about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Yes you can do a PhD in Aero in UL. Also yes you can do an MEng. I wouldn't recommend it though... (the MEng that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Yes you can do a PhD in Aero in UL. Also yes you can do an MEng. I wouldn't recommend it though... (the MEng that is)

Oh I know that the MEng is available. I was just wondering if there was also a PhD available. Have you done either/both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Im not sure if there is a PhD in aero actually, as in if you had an idea for a PhD in Aero and had a lecture to supervise it you could probably do one but I dont think there are any perscribed ones per se.

I know past Aero students have gone to Cranfield in the UK to do postgraduate study so it may be worthwhile looking into that.

Advertisement