Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plasterers quesyion

• 30-08-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

hi all...was working in london a few years bk and used this green stuff, it was applied by paint brush and it was used instead of polybond on a ceiling,anyone know the name of this? and is it available in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

thistlebond - picked it up somewhere a few weeks back but cant for the life of me remember, I think it was smiths on greenhills road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

grand job...did it wrk for you? in london had to scrape it all bk off because the ceiling was done with gloss and it wouldnt take...want to use it on a wall instead of polybond...that stuff is a messy ol thing...cheers for the quick response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

grand job...did it wrk for you? in london had to scrape it all bk off because the ceiling was done with gloss and it wouldnt take...want to use it on a wall instead of polybond...that stuff is a messy ol thing...cheers for the quick response

yeah worked a treat, used it on the ceiling although there was only emulsion on it before hand.

I actually used it twice in different rooms, first room I used it straight from the tin, the 2nd time (on a plasterers recommendation) i watered it down with polybond and it went on much much easier - used a roller both times but the roller was fit for the bin afterwards so dont use good roller sleeves.

Also, a tip from my plasterer was wipe the stuff off anything it touches because after it dries it doesn't come off without a sander, if it splashes on a wall you're not getting plastered or even a window it will be VERY hard to get rid of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Any builders providers will sell it even B&Q 20 euro in B&Q and under no circumstances thin it out READ the small print on the bucket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Febond is very good.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

plas prime is very very good also.

Advertisement