Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP address

Options
  • 30-08-2012 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Last question!:)

With your packages I see one can host upto 30 websites.

However within that we can design 5 iirc with the plesk parallel site builder?

Plesk is WYSIWYG? Easy enough to have the odd email form added etc?

My question is to do with ip addresses - if I have two websites in there would I be better off with 2 ip addresses one for each?

My plan is to have 2 websites for 2 brands which are in the same field albeit different we would have these two websites as the .com and would redirect all other extensions to these two domains.

If they share an ip address is that a problem or would it affect the sites possible rankings etc?

Comments

Hi again :)

With the Minimus package you can indeed host 30 sites on that plan, it also comes with a site builder pack of 5. You can actually see a demo of the site builder here: http://lsb.blacknight.com/

You can run both sites using the same IP address, that wouldnt be a problem at all, the main reason why you would need to go with two seperate IP addresses is if you you are using an SSL cert on each site, in this case you must have 2 seperate IPs.

Hope that answers your question.

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 A1terEgo

Hi Niamh,

It does and makes sense.

Unfortunately we will have 4 websites!:eek:

One for each brand = 2 and then we will use a good domain name in the UK to put the two brands products on the one ecommerce website and similar for Ireland.

It's easier for us as the rules are different between UK & Ireland on the products - vat on some her and not there etc.

Thanks again!:)

No problem at all. Feel free to come back to me should you have anymore queries :)

Advertisement