Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Not cancelled!!

Options
  • 30-08-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi
    I sent in a letter of cancellation and spoke to your cancellation team on the 06/07/12 to have my broadband cancelled as the modem switched itself off 3 weeks previously and obviously i had no internet and didnt want to wait another 7 working days to get a new one, I also cancelled my landline as i dont want any eircom products as A. i only got the landline to get the broadband and B. If i had no broadband i had no use for the landline. landline had never been used.

when i spoke to your retention team on the 06/07 he advised me to send in a letter which i did and that the account would be cancelled in 30 days, I knew there was a balance due and i advised him that the outstanding balance would be cleared when i received my final bill, He said that was fine and i could pay in post office ect. Happy days, (i tried to set a DD up on a number of occasions and that never happened and i had been paying online when i remembered)

Received a bill in Aug and thought it was my final bill...... It wasnt........... it was a bill charging me for the month i had no modem,

This morning i received a lovely letter from your credit control department, Telling me to pay or i will be disconnected, Firstly, As far as i was concerned my account was to be cancelled on the 06/08/12 as per the 30 days notice i gave over the phone and in writing, I was to receive a final bill which would be 150 as i owed 100 euro and the 50 charge for the month i had no broadband due to the modem just deciding to stop working.

I have no problem paying the money i owe but i will not be paying anymore, I was assured my account would be cancelled and its obviously not if i haven't received a final bill and i have been receiving letters stating you will disconnect me!!

I want to get this sorted. I can PM you any details you may need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

red27 wrote: »
    Hi
    I sent in a letter of cancellation and spoke to your cancellation team on the 06/07/12 to have my broadband cancelled as the modem switched itself off 3 weeks previously and obviously i had no internet and didnt want to wait another 7 working days to get a new one, I also cancelled my landline as i dont want any eircom products as A. i only got the landline to get the broadband and B. If i had no broadband i had no use for the landline. landline had never been used.

when i spoke to your retention team on the 06/07 he advised me to send in a letter which i did and that the account would be cancelled in 30 days, I knew there was a balance due and i advised him that the outstanding balance would be cleared when i received my final bill, He said that was fine and i could pay in post office ect. Happy days, (i tried to set a DD up on a number of occasions and that never happened and i had been paying online when i remembered)

Received a bill in Aug and thought it was my final bill...... It wasnt........... it was a bill charging me for the month i had no modem,

This morning i received a lovely letter from your credit control department, Telling me to pay or i will be disconnected, Firstly, As far as i was concerned my account was to be cancelled on the 06/08/12 as per the 30 days notice i gave over the phone and in writing, I was to receive a final bill which would be 150 as i owed 100 euro and the 50 charge for the month i had no broadband due to the modem just deciding to stop working.

I have no problem paying the money i owe but i will not be paying anymore, I was assured my account would be cancelled and its obviously not if i haven't received a final bill and i have been receiving letters stating you will disconnect me!!

I want to get this sorted. I can PM you any details you may need.

Hi red27,

Can you PM me with the previous tel no: and account number for your old address.

As well as your new address please and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 15 red27

Is there any feedback on this i Just want to know the account is cancelled and i will pay the bill.

Thanks

Advertisement