Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st day of school

Options
  • 30-08-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

My daughter started today. Also I sent my 2 year old to creche. lol The house is so quiet. It all went without any problems so far and the only tears that were shed were from me last night when I saw all the little ones starting school on Rte news! lol Anyone else our there in the same boat? Although I miss them and should be doing house work... I am sitting down having an uninterrupted cup of coffee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Our 3 year old is starting play-school on Monday and her big brother is going into 1st class the same day.

Mammy is under strict instructions that the only effort she's to make during the first week they're in school is to get out on her bike and enjoy herself. She can do the housework when they're home or leave it build up a bit if needs be. Holidays and weekends aside it's been quite a while since she's had a morning to herself (as I work full time) so I think she deserves to enjoy the first bit of freedom she'll have from the children. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

It's surprisingly quiet hard to sit and do nothing and relax lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Harley.

My daughter also started primary this morning she didn't start till 10. We were waiting in the yard and all she was concerened about was the other girls that were crying, telling me she'd look after them. We got into the class room and she sat on her seat and started playing with the lego

All parents got to go in and say bye to their kids I gave her a big hug and told her to have lot's of fun and she kept saying bye mom bye you can go now and pick me up later :D Im thrilled for her but it's definitely a strange feeling and I did shed a few tears while she wasn't looking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Mine are in first and senior infants now so no 'first' day of school but even then its shocking to the system them suddenly being away and having a quiet house! Im bored though, I have no idea what to do with myself..!

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    It's surprisingly quiet hard to sit and do nothing and relax lol.
    Ah, I think Mrs Sleepy to be will find uses for the time. We're getting married in 6 months so she's got a plan to get out on her bike a few mornings a week to shed a few pounds for the day and I've picked up a few vouchers for driving lessons for her on deal sites to give her something to go out and do for herself while the kids are out too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    my son started at school today!
    Managed not to cry (although I did shed a tear when ironing his uniform last night).

Been sitting checking my email and boards etc whilst waiting to pick him up.

No.2 is due in 4 weeks so hoping he stays put for 2 weeks at least so No 1 can get settled (well he probably is already settled to be honest, he has been looking forward to today for weeks!!)

Both into school this morning, the 6 year old jumped out of the car and ran down into school. The 3 year old proudly showed us around her new playschool and we managed to get away without any tears.

Just got a phone call from Mammy to tell me that Rory didn't want to come home from playschool (they were only in until 11 today to let them get used to things) so can't ask for a better start than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

2 boys went to school no bother, got all the floors cleaned all the washing done and still have 2 hours to spare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

My 3yo started playschool today. She was so excited all weekend, brought her school bag everywhere with her! She was so good going in. I cried a lil though, she looked so big!

Advertisement