Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Vacant Place Courses

• 30-08-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

A friend of mine applied for college through the CAO this year, but he's hit a snag in his choices and he's looking at vacant place courses. He was given an offer in the first round, but didn't want it and rejected it in the hopes that he could get his 1st in the following round. He's applied for another course (A vacant place) and I'm wondering, how does this work? When are the offers made (On the site it says they're processed on Thursday but doesn't say when they're out)? Since he got an offer and rejected it, can he still get that vacant place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

He can still get a vacant place offer if he rejected his first offer. If he applies for the vacant place before 11.00am on Monday, the offer for that vacant place will be out the following Thursday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bealzebub259

He can still get a vacant place offer if he rejected his first offer. If he applies for the vacant place before 11.00am on Monday, the offer for that vacant place will be out the following Thursday. :)

He already applied before Monday for the vacant place, but he hasn't gotten any offers. I know he got higher than the points requirement (The points were lower than his offered course) but he still hasn't been offered, does that mean he won't get the offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

It's just like the CAO normally, the applicants with the highest amount of points will fill up the places first. I don't think he got it then, I can't see any other way why he wouldn't have if he got enough points, tbh.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bealzebub259

It's just like the CAO normally, the applicants with the highest amount of points will fill up the places first. I don't think he got it then, I can't see any other way why he wouldn't have if he got enough points, tbh.. :/

Ok, thanks anyway for the help

Advertisement