Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffer Machine

• 30-08-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

I am sure asked hundreds of times but I am getting my 1st coffee machine.

I would like something which is clean.

I am not sure to go for a Gaggia Classic or Nespresso.

I am not to bothered about the milk end of things as I just drink black coffee but maybe nice to have for others.

I understand Nespresso pods can add up a bit. Can I use just normal beans with the Gaggia?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

If you just drink black coffee then i'd recommend not getting a machine and spending your budget on getting a really good grinder and some pour over device.
    If its just coffee for one, get a Hario V60, Kalita Wave, or an Aeropress.
    If its coffee for more, consider getting a Chemex 6-8 cup.
    You can make more than 1 cup at a time with the coffee for one devices, but its not as easy as brewing in a Chemex.

http://coffeeangel.com/product/baratza-virtuoso-preciso/ will run you the same price as buying a Gaggia classic and will give you a great pour over.
    If you decide down the line that you would like an espresso machine as well, you'll then have a really good grinder to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭leoch

could anybody recommend a good coffee urn and tea urn one for a steff room that 50/60 people could use all day long instead of boiling the kettle 100 times a day,i kmow u can get them big catering water urns that hold maybe 20/30 litres not sure if they can be used for coffee and tea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭mandarin

Nespresso's only real selling point is convenience (clean/quick). Pods are very expensive and the quality is not going to come close to comparing.
    The Gaggia is a proper entry-level espresso machine. You will need to get a good grinder to get the best out of it. If you find the cost of that combination prohibitive, could go secondhand - Adverts.ie has a few Classics for sale at the moment and good grinders tend to come up for sale frequently enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

leoch wrote: »
    could anybody recommend a good coffee urn and tea urn one for a steff room that 50/60 people could use all day long instead of boiling the kettle 100 times a day,i kmow u can get them big catering water urns that hold maybe 20/30 litres not sure if they can be used for coffee and tea ?

Contact http://marco.ie/ and i'm sure they'll be able to get something to fit your needs.

Advertisement