Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Franchise Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Roster update coming Saturday morning with 53 man rosters finalised
    Not coming for CC franchise until later next week, no specific date yet given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is there still the 32nd spot going?

It is indeed.

Are you interested in joining us? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are we waiting for the roster update to connected careers before starting (hopefully yes)? Also, will pre-existing injuries be on or off (hopefully off)?

Paully D wrote: »
    Are we waiting for the roster update to connected careers before starting (hopefully yes)? Also, will pre-existing injuries be on or off (hopefully off)?

We need a patch for the game before we can do anything. The no accelerated clock problem is huge and it'd be a headache to start before it. The patch is due sometime next week, this is something different to the roster update.

As for the pre-existing injuries, that is once again dependent on a patch being fixed as you can't adjust anything in the commish options without it erasing all injuries that have occurred. At the moment, the only way to beat this is to have them on, but I think having them off so everyone starts on a clean slate is the right way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think having them off so everyone starts on a clean slate is the right way to go.

Makes sense.

On the player progression thing, know you had suggested weekly, is this the setting we're using?
    Personally, found it tough to go through every week and changed to every 4 weeks, but not a big deal really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Makes sense.

On the player progression thing, know you had suggested weekly, is this the setting we're using?
    Personally, found it tough to go through every week and changed to every 4 weeks, but not a big deal really

Paully, do you manually have to progress them?
    I only started CC last night so still in pre-season but have it on weekly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't understand the injuries problem, what happens if you turn off pre-existing injuries? No injuries will occur at all?

Makes sense.

You don't have to do them weekly.

Weekly is the best option so it allows people to do it when they want. But if you don't want to do it one week, the points carry over to the next anyways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't understand the injuries problem, what happens if you turn off pre-existing injuries? No injuries will occur at all?

If you start with off and then the commish changes some details then the injuries get wiped so the guys arent injured.
    There's a detailed post on PFL about it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ah ok, understand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

You don't have to do them weekly.

Weekly is the best option so it allows people to do it when they want. But if you don't want to do it one week, the points carry over to the next anyways.

Thought I had an error in my CC when it was set to weekly and I didn't do it manually, then the CPU did it for me anyway. Cos when I went back couple of weeks later the XP seemed to go down for a lot of guys.
    Must re-check that see if I'm imagining it, if I am (probable due to sleep deprivation) then no problem

Thought I had an error in my CC when it was set to weekly and I didn't do it manually, then the CPU did it for me anyway. Cos when I went back couple of weeks later the XP seemed to go down for a lot of guys.
    Must re-check that see if I'm imagining it, if I am (probable due to sleep deprivation) then no problem

I think you can select the CPU to do that. Maybe that's what you did?

I'm just about to do a run through of a season now so I'll report back with my findings!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

It is indeed.

Are you interested in joining us? :)

Consider me in.

Consider me in.

Great stuff. You are pick number 32 so basically stuck with whoever you get :pac:

And the league is now Full

Great stuff. You are pick number 32 so basically stuck with whoever you get :pac:

And the league is now Full

...belter haha. My money is on getting the Jags.

Excellent work by everyone here to get to a 32 member league.

18 months ago there were 10/11 people or so?

The league grew a lot with M12 and now we are full.

A big thanks to everyone who has played both past and current. We are posting a lot in this forum obviously with M13, draft times, trades etc we generate a lot of traffic and this results in the forum popping up on the main page and getting noticed and also in the AF forum.

I would say in a few months we'll overtake those Blackout Rugger chaps and be the 3rd most popular forum in Simulation which considering we only got the forum a short time ago is awesome :cool: We'll be behind Fifa and Football Manager which considering that both have been going a long time is not a bad thing.

A big thanks to Santry and Raoul for the commish duties, they do put a lot of time into it.

Also to BigBadRob for his massively used stats, they have really added a depth to the game in the last couple of seasons.

And to throw in afootball pun.. keep on trucking :pac:

I doubt it.. MJD and Newton will interest people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'd say you'll be heading to Cleveland or Miami ...

Yup big shout out to Santry and Raoul! I still remember the first draft night... Who did you draft first Berty ? :P

I'd say you'll be heading to Cleveland or Miami ...

Yup big shout out to Santry and Raoul! I still remember the first draft night... Who did you draft first Berty ? :P

Can we throw in Mrs. Tannehill as a sweetener?

Good work to the lads organising this, should be great having 32 teams involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

So we down to the last picks now. Ugh can't wait to see the list. Have been tryin to get a few games wit teams I think might be in the mix but impossible to know. Well bar Miami and I won't be touching them anyway:-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not a chance they'll fall to you. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

The Jags are pretty good on this game! Bench Gabbert and start Henne then you have a fully functional offence! Using em in another franchise and I've only lost once in 5 or 6 warm up games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Played against the CPU jags last night and they are the toughest team I've played yet, they played Henne, I held mjd to four yards from ten attempts...then he broke out a 79trd td. Got called offside from a CPU hurry up cos my dt didn't get back up the field in time and was standing beside the QB when he snapped the ball!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

I'm finding the D a little tougher than normal, it seems the CBs are blowing alot of coverages in man, and the zones are very soft over the middle. Also playing a cover 3 seems to leave a large gap in between the LBs and CBs that's easy enough to expolit.

Getting to the QB is also proving a bit of an issue for me against the CPU so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PacFish wrote: »
    The Jags are pretty good on this game! Bench Gabbert and start Henne then you have a fully functional offence! Using em in another franchise and I've only lost once in 5 or 6 warm up games!
    madalig12 wrote: »
    Played against the CPU jags last night and they are the toughest team I've played yet, they played Henne, I held mjd to four yards from ten attempts...then he broke out a 79trd td. Got called offside from a CPU hurry up cos my dt didn't get back up the field in time and was standing beside the QB when he snapped the ball!! :pac:

Henne is undoubtedly the way to go, and as madalig12 said MDJ can break loose at any time. I'm really enjoying playing with them in M13 so far, the D is actually really good, out of 4-3 and some Quaters plays they can lock down on D. The only problem imo is a lack of a bit of pace in the WR corps means the deep ball is way more difficult, so short accurate passes are the only way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Gabbert will improve with the patch he had a decent preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I have found blitzing the safety on side TE is not on is fantastic but you gotta watch your zone and obviously not cool if it's 3 bunched WRs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Come on man:-P broke my toe last night too. Just sayin like.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

nerd69 wrote: »
    Gabbert will improve with the patch he had a decent preseason

Throwing accuracy: 62 --> 73
    Throwing power: 80 --> 4

I could be a Nfl QB if hand offs and 1yard dump offs were all that was required ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Fantasy Draft 1st pick in the whole draft and I could have had anybody. Ended up getting diverted in a chat sorting out a rule query in another franchise. Missed my pick and the CPU picked a TE. It was worth the slagging alone !

Advertisement