Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Franchise Announcement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You should be able to put him on injured reserve so you free up his salary..( I think!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

You should be able to put him on injured reserve so you free up his salary..( I think!)
    The option isn't there although I did notice one thing.
    He's the only player on my entire squad that I can't release,everyone else has the option but him
    *Today as I checked him I was given the option to release him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

That's really weird.

What is going to happen with the neglected teams? Are people coming back?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

go into injury report, how long does it say hes out for? should be able to stick him on IR there.

madalig12 wrote: »
    What is going to happen with the neglected teams? Are people coming back?
    I dunno,Dolphins HC has been gone for a while hasn't he?
    I think a space has been left open for Paully and the chargers shud he find the time to come back.
    I dunno what other teams are cou.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    go into injury report, how long does it say hes out for? should be able to stick him on IR there.
    He doesn't show up on the injury report but if I check his profile on the madden website he's down as being injured for 0 weeks which has been like that since the end of last season when I noticed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

PerrinV2 wrote: »

He doesn't show up on the injury report but if I check his profile on the madden website he's down as being injured for 0 weeks which has been like that since the end of last season when I noticed it

Must be some kind of weird glitch. Would the commish consider letting you do a cpu trade or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The_Gatsby wrote: »

Must be some kind of weird glitch. Would the commish consider letting you do a cpu trade or something?

Is he in the last year of his deal? If so you could trade him back and forth with a team for a draft pick to try and "unglitch" him. If its last year of deal it won't affect your cap space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Perrin, Are you sure he's not on injured reserve?

Nelbert wrote: »
    Is he in the last year of his deal? If so you could trade him back and forth with a team for a draft pick to try and "unglitch" him. If its last year of deal it won't affect your cap space.
    According to the CC website,total length 4yrs,years remaining 4yrs.
    Perrin, Are you sure he's not on injured reserve?
    No I'm not but even so if he were on it would I not be given the option to move him off it when I click into him? and would he not still show up on the injury roster list

No, once he goes on ir he's there for the year, you can't take him off it.

• Advertisement

No, once he goes on ir he's there for the year, you can't take him off it.
    When would you get the option to take him off it cause he was like this in post season last season

He should automatically come off in the new season.

How many on your roster? IF he's on IR you should be able to add another player to have 54 in total

He should automatically come off in the new season.

How many on your roster? IF he's on IR you should be able to add another player to have 54 in total
    Roster:53
    Active:53
    Injured:1

Weird one alright.. I'm out of ideas at this stage.

Weird one alright.. I'm out of ideas at this stage.
    Ya I know,thats why I thought I might release him,take the hit and sign him back on a 1 year on the odd chance that might fix it,if not just re-release him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
    The problem with the Broncos is they try to walk the ball into the redzone

This probably means nothing but I noticed during my game versus the bears when I went my depth chart some of the overall rating of my players had gone up or down
    e.g Bailey went from 90 to 95,miller went from 88 to 86 etc
    I only checked it once..probably should have checked it again after that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Depth chart is always different than the roster for some reason, long standing EA issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Schemes is it not? Like the depth chart in game doesn't take schemes into account, I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

This probably means nothing but I noticed during my game versus the bears when I went my depth chart some of the overall rating of my players had gone up or down
    e.g Bailey went from 90 to 95,miller went from 88 to 86 etc
    I only checked it once..probably should have checked it again after that

If a player is playing well his overall in the game goes up. Say you have a 95 rated running back, and you have run for 150 yards, 2 tds in the first half with him. If you check his overall at half time he will be 99.

Similarly the same player in a different game has been stuffed and has -5 yards and a fumble he will probably be 90.

I think its tied to the streaks too. If a guy is playing well he plays above his rating.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    If a player is playing well his overall in the game goes up. Say you have a 95 rated running back, and you have run for 150 yards, 2 tds in the first half with him. If you check his overall at half time he will be 99.

Similarly the same player in a different game has been stuffed and has -5 yards and a fumble he will probably be 90.

I think its tied to the streaks too. If a guy is playing well he plays above his rating.
    Ah yes that makes sense,bailey had made intercepts in the game so his rating flew up,same with others too.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What :eek:

I never knew this.

SantryRed wrote: »

What :eek:

I never knew this.

You did, you just didn't know you did. You told me before that if Griffen threw a pick early he had a nightmare of a game. Its the same deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You did, you just didn't know you did. You told me before that if Griffen threw a pick early he had a nightmare of a game. Its the same deal.

I thought it was just hot/cold streaks meaning passes were randomly off.

I didn't realise it meant their ratings would drop, meaning they'd be constantly off until they slowly build back up with short throws.

Shows how you're always learning with this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

This makes sense, when ,y first pass was intercepted last night my qb sucked afterwards, so the idea is a couple of completions first and he should improve...:o

Just a general question/musing on the resigning of players.
    So currently we're allowed to offer them 6 years but it this really the best way to go?
    Like in our league we're never gonna feel the effect of the contract(when the contract gets to its highest point in the final years) as we're only going three 3 seasons.Its a somewhat easier decision on GM's to keep a player on a 6 year knowing the pay wouldn't be as high as it could be in the first few years.
    Know on effect I guess in free agency would be everyone has more cap space but probably less players to choosse from

Just a general question/musing on the resigning of players.
    So currently we're allowed to offer them 6 years but it this really the best way to go?
    Like in our league we're never gonna feel the effect of the contract(when the contract gets to its highest point in the final years) as we're only going three 3 seasons.Its a somewhat easier decision on GM's to keep a player on a 6 year knowing the pay wouldn't be as high as it could be in the first few years.
    Know on effect I guess in free agency would be everyone has more cap space but probably less players to choosse from

I don't think it makes too much difference as a lot of players were on long deal at the start of the game. In my case Polamalu, Woodley, Harrison and Taylor are all entering their last year at the end of this season. I can give all the 6 year deals I want, I'm still very limited in terms of cap for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Plus, it would be near impossible for us to police!

• Advertisement

I don't think it makes too much difference as a lot of players were on long deal at the start of the game. In my case Polamalu, Woodley, Harrison and Taylor are all entering their last year at the end of this season. I can give all the 6 year deals I want, I'm still very limited in terms of cap for next season.
    You're probably right in it making no difference,on the Broncos most are on long terms deals alright.
    I guess I was reading over in the american football forum about Woodson and Bradshaw being released mostly dues to cap space just got me thinking.
    I dunno I'd prefer the idea of reduced contracts,force people make hard decisions and be more economical with there cap.
    Raoul wrote: »
    Plus, it would be near impossible for us to police!
    tumblr_mbowsljNss1r5hj8co1_500.jpg

Advertisement