Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Franchise Announcement

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

After much discussion in the commissioners boardroom, Nelbert will sit out the next gameweek and allow his opponent to play the CPU.

This is due to running up the score against the CPU. 46 points difference by the end of the game. It just ruins the Vikings stats for the season and looks bad/unrealistic. It is not in keeping with our sim league or the spirit in which the league has been played over the past couple of years.

This is an example to other people that we want to be a sim league and we want people to have fun and you shouldn't be doing anything which is unrealistic or which you know will unjustly upset other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    After much discussion in the commissioners boardroom, Nelbert will sit out the next gameweek and allow his opponent to play the CPU.

This is due to running up the score against the CPU. 46 points difference by the end of the game. It just ruins the Vikings stats for the season and looks bad/unrealistic. It is not in keeping with our sim league or the spirit in which the league has been played over the past couple of years.

This is an example to other people that we want to be a sim league and we want people to have fun and you shouldn't be doing anything which is unrealistic or which you know will unjustly upset other players.

Have PM'ed about this. A bit of balance is needed I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    You're probably right in it making no difference,on the Broncos most are on long terms deals alright.
    I guess I was reading over in the american football forum about Woodson and Bradshaw being released mostly dues to cap space just got me thinking.
    I dunno I'd prefer the idea of reduced contracts,force people make hard decisions and be more economical with there cap.

I think there were tough decisions made last season, and will imagine there will be some surprises. As in the NFL, some teams are flush with cap space and some teams are super tight on space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On a completely different note,is motioning a reciever pre snap a glitch/exploit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No, but snapping the ball while the receiver is still in motion and essentially acting as an extra blocker is frowned upon. (i think!)

• Advertisement

No, but snapping the ball while the receiver is still in motion and essentially acting as an extra blocker is frowned upon. (i think!)
    Ah,I was trying it out there my friendly versus Rock.Once alrite I motioned Calvin Johnson and snapped the ball before he got there and he was there in midfield blocking no1 and I didn't know what was going on.
    That been said I found it very successfull against certain type of defensive set-ups,gonna practice it some more and definately add it to my offense.

Rule of Thumb:Motioning is fine as long as the player is not in motion when the ball is snapped

Are we gonna be limited to 1 FA when we head into week 3?
    I wanna sign a guy I saw on Hard Knocks :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep still 1 FA

Ah nuts,he'll have to wait till week 4 so

Advertisement