Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen lunch at work

• 30-08-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

It happens now about once every two weeks that some gimp steals my lunch from the fridge at work. So today, instead of mayonnaise, I have spread some preparation H on a sandwich in the fridge. I will keep my actual lunch in a cold bag in my car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What happens if someone steals your car. Have you never heard about not leaving valuables in your car.

Have your piles cleared up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Is everyone in your office on boards? Who does the work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I could think of something else you could have used as a mayo replacement. ;)

Simple plan OP. Go into a shop late on Friday, get their reduced priced sandwiches (might cost maybe a euro or two). Leave out on the counter at home (maybe on a window ledge inside in direct sunlight) over the weekend. Wrap them in tinfoil, bring them into work on the Monday, and leave them in the fridge.

Bonus points if you choose the egg mayo sangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Heard of a dummy wallet? Try the dummy lunch. Sh1te sandwich should sort him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

CJC999 wrote: »

Unfortunately no, I ran out of ointment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly, coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

EDIT: ahhhhhhh ****e, just noticed this is in another thread about someone wanting to steal a sandwhich- what the odds ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

If you want to be sneaky and safely within the law, I'd get some strong food dye from the supermarket and inject it into something in the sandwich, in the hope that it'll dye someone's mouth bright orange or the like.

Maybe inject it into a black olive or similar.

The equivalent of an explosive dye pack in cash tills.

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, coincidence?

Unlikely...;)

If you want to be sneaky and safely within the law, I'd get some strong food dye from the supermarket and inject it into something in the sandwich, in the hope that it'll dye someone's mouth bright orange or the like.

Maybe inject it into a black olive or similar.

The equivalent of an explosive dye pack in cash tills.

Cool idea, but I don't think lunch thieves would be of the quality to eat an olive - maybe there's another way :cool: Thanks CD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

CJC999 wrote: »
    What happens if someone steals your car. Have you never heard about not leaving valuables in your car.

You wouldn't steal a handbag
    You wouldn't steal a car
    You wouldn't steal a baby
    You wouldn't shoot a policeman and then steal his helmet
    You wouldn't go to the toilet in the helmet and then send it too is wife and then steal it again

Eating someones lunch is stealing and you will face the consequences:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

mitosis wrote: »
    Cool idea, but I don't think lunch thieves would be of the quality to eat an olive - maybe there's another way :cool: Thanks CD!

Takes a refined palate to eat olives eh

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Some blue food dye. Hmm. You'd have to try to have a look at everyone's tongue.

I propose this

http://i.imgur.com/ZusAG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I used to work with someone who'd deliberately grab stuff from one of his colleagues lunch to wind him up. Normally he'd nick a chocolate muffin and wolf it down in one two bits in front of the guy who brought it in.

The victim decided enough was enough so he cut the the top off and scooped out most of the muffin with a spoon. Then he refilled the inside with used axle grease from a piece of plant and closed the top. Half an hour of puking later the thief had mended his ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

OP, you need one of these anti-theft lunch bags ;)

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

In my office, they've taken to naming lunches - today, I ate a tuna sandwich called "Kevin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I used to work with someone who'd deliberately grab stuff from one of his colleagues lunch to wind him up. Normally he'd nick a chocolate muffin and wolf it down in one two bits in front of the guy who brought it in.

The victim decided enough was enough so he cut the the top off and scooped out most of the muffin with a spoon. Then he refilled the inside with used axle grease from a piece of plant and closed the top. Half an hour of puking later the thief had mended his ways.

A punch in the face would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

mitosis wrote: »
    It happens now about once every two weeks that some gimp steals my lunch from the fridge at work. So today, instead of mayonnaise, I have spread some preparation H on a sandwich in the fridge. I will keep my actual lunch in a cold bag in my car.

Preparation H feels good on the whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

you could alway use the classic, put a powerfull amount of laxative in the sandwich and see who's running to the bog for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

A lad I worked with in a sports shop years ago also stole peoples drinks so i went to boots next door and bought laxative, mixed it with the drink and he never stole again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I can't reveal how I know this OP, but Preparation H looks nothing like mayonnaise.

You should have substituted it for the butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I said LEAVE MY LUNCH ALONE :eek::eek:

Is everyone in your office on boards? Who does the work?

Everyone is on Boards. The reps do the work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

My auld lad was playing a friendly game of football a few years back. At the end of the game he noticed his water bottle missing and asked who took it. Of course no one owes up. He says "I don't care who took it but just a warning, your in for an eventful night".

Don't know if he was just putting the frighteners up them but I like to think there was some extra strong constipation medicine in that bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Thats aaamayonaissing

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Yes happens to me every so often my yogurt goes missing, only a few people use the fridge and of that only one or 2 eat yogurt, and it never goes missing on days a certain person is not in ;). I wonder if there is a link :confused:? lol

Advertisement