Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage contract

Options
  • 30-08-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

I requested a copy of my mortgage contract from my bank and I received 4 pages back (its permanent tsb). The first page is "Letter of approval - Particulars of Mortgage Loan", and outlines the amount loaned, interest rate, length of loan etc.

Page 2 is "Special Conditions" and lists 8 points from A to H.

The next two pages are duplicates of pages 1 and 2. Surely there must be more to my mortgage contract than that?

One of the "special conditions" mentions "loan approval condition 1.17 apples". Am I not supposed to receive a full list of the conditions that would apply to the mortgage, as this what I want?

By asking for a copy of my mortgage contract, am I asking for the right thing?? Or is there some other term i should be using to get what i want???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

There is plenty more to your contract than what you've received. For example, the page(s) with the signatures - the basis of any contract. There will also be several pages of general terms and conditions, including condition 1.17 that you refer to.

The only thing to do is ask again. Perhaps the person that sent it out assumed you were looking for the pages with the specifics of your loan, perhaps it would be a lot more hassle for them to pull out the actual copy signed by you and hoped this would suffice, or perhaps they are being intentionally evasive...

Your solicitor should have a copy in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

i thought that alright. would my solicitor charge me if i asked for a copy of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I wouldn't have thought so - they earned enough in the first place. But I'm not sure - no experience of this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

ask for a full copy of the loan offer.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

rameire wrote: »
    ask for a full copy of the loan offer.

an offer isnt a contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

ok, ask for a copy of the signed loan offer that they should have scanned on their system.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Hi all,

I requested a copy of my mortgage contract from my bank and I received 4 pages back (its permanent tsb). The first page is "Letter of approval - Particulars of Mortgage Loan", and outlines the amount loaned, interest rate, length of loan etc.

Page 2 is "Special Conditions" and lists 8 points from A to H.

The next two pages are duplicates of pages 1 and 2. Surely there must be more to my mortgage contract than that?

One of the "special conditions" mentions "loan approval condition 1.17 apples". Am I not supposed to receive a full list of the conditions that would apply to the mortgage, as this what I want?

By asking for a copy of my mortgage contract, am I asking for the right thing?? Or is there some other term i should be using to get what i want???

You are just missing a copy of their General Conditions which they should be able to send you easily enough. You already have your loan offer details and the Special Conditions that were attached to your offer

Advertisement