Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cook medical limerick

• 30-08-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi all
    hope someone can help me withn this.

my hubby has been lucky enough to be called for an interview for a manufacturing technician/assistant position in cook medical for next thursday.

he has heard there are 4 positions.

we have searched the web and very little info re cook.

basically we would be very grateful to hear from someone who works in the manufacturing sector of cook.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

What do you want to know? I don't work there but know a few people that do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

I have worked there (not in manufacturing but had a lot to do with it sometimes) and they are pretty good to work for! They are a privately owned company (no shareholders) so they do not publish much information about themselves.

EDIT
    Best of luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mrswoods

thansk for replies.

my hubby wants to know what kind of questions will be asked in interview.

he has no manufacturing experience and does not know re type of equpment used and would like to have an idea about these

any interview advice from manufacturing workers would be great!

many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 limerickred

Does anyone know if Cook Medical are still hiring?Would it be worth putting in a CV, anyone start there lately?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Does anyone know if Cook Medical are still hiring?Would it be worth putting in a CV, anyone start there lately?

Only one way to find out for sure.

• Advertisement

Oh I know yeah,I have the CV gone in now,was really just wondering if anyone had been taken on there lately.

Only one way to find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thomand

is there somewhere to add a cv to the website or did you post it in?

I posted it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

How did the interview go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

I interviewed for a position a couple of months ago, but did not pursue it. Cook seems like a great place for people whose highest priorities do not include their job, particularly for people who need to leave every day at 4:30 on the dot to get home to the kids. The HR rep spent a lot of time telling me all about their "Family First" policies and how everyone herds out the door at the same time every day. It definitely was not the work environment for me, but seemed like a great place for people lloking for long-term security and the ability to spend time with their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Buckeye wrote: »
    I interviewed for a position a couple of months ago, but did not pursue it. Cook seems like a great place for people whose highest priorities do not include their job, particularly for people who need to leave every day at 4:30 on the dot to get home to the kids. The HR rep spent a lot of time telling me all about their "Family First" policies and how everyone herds out the door at the same time every day. It definitely was not the work environment for me, but seemed like a great place for people lloking for long-term security and the ability to spend time with their families.

That depends on the department you work in I'd say. I know some people in Cook who start at 7.30am and leave around 6ish (with a lot of travelling also). Having said that, there does seem to be a good vibe about the place and it's rare that you would hear anyone complaining about working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi

Does anyone know if cook medical recruits process technicians often?*

I don't work there but I did interview for a manufacturing position a few years ago and I remember that the money out there was terrible. Because of that I'd say the staff turn around must be fairly high or at least regular enough that they'd be hiring on a regular basis.

With all the large companies hiring in the last while I'd say it's a great time to bang in a CV and see what comes of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fl&sh wrote: »
    I don't work there but I did interview for a manufacturing position a few years ago and I remember that the money out there was terrible. Because of that I'd say the staff turn around must be fairly high or at least regular enough that they'd be hiring on a regular basis.

With all the large companies hiring in the last while I'd say it's a great time to bang in a CV and see what comes of it.

Yeah they're always advertising for positions, I've noticed it a lot from job searching throughout the years. Have heard from others that the pay and conditions there are terrible as well. It was enough to put me off applying for there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah they're always advertising for positions, .

are they :confused: where? very rarely see them on indeed or irish jobs

fryup wrote: »

https://www.cookmedical.eu/careers/

You can submit a cv for general consideration, as it says at the bottom of the page. There's loads of info if you click on the limerick link on that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fryup wrote: »

Quite frequently on Indeed, more common on Jobs.ie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fl&sh wrote: »

not as bad as Vistakon surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Sorry to bump the thread. Anyone know what pay the techs or mtm's are on there? If it's day shift then it's probably just around 30k if lucky

When I interviewed a few years back I asked and it was 22k but rises to 24k after 2 years. Straight days with flexi start times.

Couldn't be much better even after all this time. Good opportunity for someone to get industrial experience in a medical devises company even if it is that bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement