Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I just steal petrol?

• 30-08-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Went out to tesco to fill the bike up, paid with my visa debit in the machine so you dont go inside. Put in my code and it said, max up to €100 begin filling. So filled up to about €20 pushed for a receipt but didnt get one, I rarely ever do because its to much effort to refill the paper for them. Checked my open 24 and no money is gone and nothing is shown under pending transactions like it normally does. Since its visa debit money is put on hold straight away.:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Doylers wrote: »
    Went out to tesco to fill the bike up, paid with my visa debit in the machine so you dont go inside. Put in my code and it said, max up to €100 begin filling. So filled up to about €20 pushed for a receipt but didnt get one, I rarely ever do because its to much effort to refill the paper for them. Checked my open 24 and no money is gone and nothing is shown under pending transactions like it normally does. Since its visa debit money is put on hold straight away.:D:D:D

Is it a push bike you have? if so, it was all just a bad dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Yep. Now replace that bike with a nice ford transit and get yourself some tracksuits.

You're in the club now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Hand yourself into the nearest garda station :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

davet82 wrote: »

I'd say they'll be round to him first.

*waiting for MagicSean :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

davet82 wrote: »

Im very interested to how this plays out wonder if they do call

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can take a few days for laser transactions to register for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Make sure you talk about it on the busiest forum in the country in case somebody from the garage is reading it.

My laser transactions also take days to show up (AIB),

Plus a lot of garages film the pumps on CCTV.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You've to enter your pin before those pumps unlock? That means they have your card details and it's on the way.

MarkR wrote: »
    You've to enter your pin before those pumps unlock? That means they have your card details and it's on the way.

Yeah I did it doesnt let you pump otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

MarkR wrote: »

Doesn't make sense to do it the opposite way.

• Advertisement

I dunno usually with tsb I goes to pending transactions straight away then show sup in my last few days later, sure if it didnt I could go spending money I have already spent since its a debit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Im very interested to how this plays out wonder if they do call

offer oral sex its your only way out now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

THIEF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

It might be just a delay on your card, I wouldn't celebrate just yet. :)

Happens to me all the time, hence why I'm constantly broke:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

They have CC cameras and you MAY get a call from the garda. My mate filled his car up went into pay and somehow in a mix up he only paid for his Lotto. He copped on at home and went F-it a week later he got a phone-call from the Garda (he doesn't know how they got his number either) and was told we can see it was a genuine mistake. So just go back and pay for the petrol. He said off course I will and did. End of incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Dont be happy since they started to release visa debit cards when i would get paid or pay for something i could be up on my account next thing i see theres couple hundred missing,and the 365online is total joke as they list transactions not by last date but by some other arrangement :pac: So no you didnt get free petrol,you didnt steel anything just gonna take up to three days to show up,if its not burried under other transactions as mentioned.case closed :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

think there's a bit of a problem with Tesco machines at the moment. I've heard similar to this a few times in last week or so. I took money out of an in-shop ATM yesterday and it hasn't shown up yet and family have bought groceries on their laser cards and again, nothing shown up. Under no illusions though - they will track you down and claim it. all other non-Tesco transactions have gone through my account as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It will depend on the individual merchant as opposed to the Bank. Not all transactions will show up immediately on a Visa debit or a Laser card

Advertisement