Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry sauce help

Options
  • 30-08-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Suzette

I would add a little oil to the pan, to this add the onion (finely chopped), garlic if you have it and a tablespooon of curry powder, teaspoon of the turmeric and teaspoon of paprika, you meed to cook this on a medium heat for a couple of mins, stir occasionaly and then add a small amout of water to the pan (the water is added to sweat off the spices and release the flavour). Once the onions are browned, add in your prawns, pepers and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins, then add 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for 10 mins. Just before serving add some coriander leaf and some lemon/lime juice (if yoU have it) to the pan and stir.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Suzette

I'd use olive oil. The spices in the curry powder (cumin, fenugreek, coriander etc) don' really go with coconut oil :-) If you are having it with rice, the sauce might be a little thin, you can thicken it using corn flour or just ordinary plain flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Hi, rather than start a new thread i'll ask here!

Does anyone know where to find the thread that had a post on curry pastes? Its was a post by one person (the sn was curryguy or something?) which went into great detail about curry pastes and how to make the basic paste then what to add for different curries?

I have tried searching through posts but i cant seem to find it anywhere?

Edit: found it! now for curry!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

I found the name, curry addict, they posted in the 2012 cooking club, week 2b. Looking forward to making some lovely curry!

This is the link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76584619

Advertisement