Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness day 2012

• 30-08-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but anyone knows what are the venues where the bands will play this year (Fatboy Slim, Texas,etc)? And if it is possible to buy tickets? I can't find any details about this on the Guinness website...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

i think it is supposed to be a suprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I see the worms are out of the can......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ah Guinness Day

Also known as the black movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the possibility of winding up in a pub where norman cook is playing is good enough reason for me to stay at home, just to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I'm Irish any day can be a Guinness day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

In town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Colmustard wrote: »
    I'm Irish any day can be a Guinness day.

in fact i had a Guinness day only last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

This nonsense again.

FatherLen wrote: »
    in fact i had a Guinness day only last week

Yeah snap,,,thank you Arthur. I am still feeling grateful I may thank him again tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

MJ23 wrote: »
    This nonsense again.
    To be fair, I think the marketing team that managed to turn this gimmick into a national institution deserve to retire on a multi-million euro pension.

Though then again, I suppose the Irish don't need much coaxing to go on a massive pissup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My favourite time of year.....

....... is always ruined by Arthur's Day. :mad:

F*cking pain in the hole so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

MJ23 wrote: »
    This nonsense again.

grrr i'm an angry man that doesn't like happiness

I was watching a doco about Guinness on nat geog. Apparently Africa is their biggest growing market, especially Nigeria. I wouldn't associate Guinness with those climes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I may go out that day but more than likely to a bar that doesn't sell Guinness

Colmustard wrote: »
    I was watching a doco about Guinness on nat geog. Apparently Africa is their biggest growing market, especially Nigeria. I wouldn't associate Guinness with those climes.

Yup. They even have a Guinness soft-drink out in Africa called Guinness Malta.

dan1895 wrote: »
    I may go out that day but more than likely to a bar that doesn't sell Guinness

Few and far between though. Even some of the craft pubs have sneaky bottles of Guinness out the back sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It's guiness foreign extra over there though. Like 7 or 8 % or something

You can get it here, but only faggy hipsters drink it. It's expensive too.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Few and far between though. Even some of the craft pubs have sneaky bottles of Guinness out the back sometimes.

Don't have to drink it though. There's a few places I've been in recently and I'm sure there was none available at all. Hope I'm right.

Sky King wrote: »
    It's guiness foreign extra over there though. Like 7 or 8 % or something

You can get it here, but only faggy hipsters drink it. It's expensive too.

Was thinking of trying some of that when I go to Kenya at the end of the year just to see what its like. Will that make me a faggy hipster? :(

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Yup. They even have a Guinness soft-drink out in Africa called Guinness Malta.

I would like to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

For years it years it was the only drink I had but now can't keep the stuff down. Its a disgrace that our national broadcaster has live shows from the event at a cost to us. Pathetic but brilliant stunt from the marketing dept.

For years it years it was the only drink I had but now can't keep the stuff down. Its a disgrace that our national broadcaster has live shows from the event at a cost to us. Pathetic but brilliant stunt from the marketing dept.

I imagine they are paid to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I pissed off that it was move from the 25 to the 27. I know what I'll be drinking on my 21st

I'd imagine that Guinness cover most of the cost of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It really is an ingenious bit of marketing by Guinness/Diageo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

All the blacks drink Guinness where I live, young and old, rofl

Advertisement