Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do.

• 30-08-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I accepted an offer in the first round for a course in NUIG, with the option to defer. I was really hoping to get offered engineering (In NUIG) in the second round as I only missed out on it by 5 points in the first round. Unfortunately I did not get it. The problem is I don't really want to repeat and I really do not want to do the course I accepted in the first round. My principal has told me to do the course and after 3 weeks, say I do not like it and hopefully get switched into engineering. I've never heard of this done before and I am just curious if it is possible?

Any help would be great appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I think you need to have had the points to get the course to be able to switch, and that's only if there's space.

Is it worth taking the year out, working, and applying next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

You could maybe get one of your papers checked have a look at them and see if it's worth appealing if you only need 5 points and start there then it's easier to switch if you're already there.

Advertisement