Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hibernia post-primary apply for March Cohort

• 30-08-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Is anyone applying for the March 2013 cohort? Im going to apply this weekend at some point. Still no idea how i'll manage the months off for teaching practice but its a small price to pay to do what i have always dreamed of.

Does anyone know when the teaching blocks are if you start in March? Also any info on the schedule i.e when are classes? Id really appreciate some advice.

What do the TP involve? Ive read that its 12 hours but that works out at only 3 hours per week in a 4 week block. Am i right?? That seems like nothing if your off work for the entire month. What are you doing the rest of the time?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

The only thing I can say regarding your post is that it's 12 hours teaching per week not 12 hours over the four weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

I would assume you are observing the rest of the week, teachers only teach 22 hours but it still takes from 9-4 most days filled with work.

Observation is a huge aspect of TP that student teachers don't take enough notice off. Observe 4 or 5 teachers you will learn a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

seavill wrote: »
    I would assume you are observing the rest of the week, teachers only teach 22 hours but it still takes from 9-4 most days filled with work.

Observation is a huge aspect of TP that student teachers don't take enough notice off. Observe 4 or 5 teachers you will learn a lot

Good advice.

Observe teachers outside of your own subject area also. You can learn a lot about classroom management and organisation and see different teaching styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭loveofliving

bdoo wrote: »
    seavill wrote: »

Good advice.

Observe teachers outside of your own subject area also. You can learn a lot about classroom management and organisation and see different teaching styles.

Definitely! That's good advice, thank you. I'm trying to figure out now how I will manage financially. I believe people have been on the dole when doing this course, but i don't see how it would be possible to sign on while on TP and also technically for those 14 weeks of TP you are not actively seeking and available for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Definitely! That's good advice, thank you. I'm trying to figure out now how I will manage financially. I believe people have been on the dole when doing this course, but i don't see how it would be possible to sign on while on TP and also technically for those 14 weeks of TP you are not actively seeking and available for work.

I'd imagine they were in receipt of Back to Education Allowance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement