Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work Clothes A/W 2012

• 30-08-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently realised that I need a new batch of clothes for work. I don't work in a very dressy place but do like to wear something nice.
    I have a habit of wearing trousers and shirts and jumpers to work most of the time whics is ok and I'd like to get a good few new jumpers and tops for work.
    However, I am also looking to change things up a bit too and would like dresses and skirts as an option. The only thing with this is that my office is a portocabin and it is very cold in the winter time more often than not so the dresses need to have long sleeves or look nice with a cardigan over them too. Oh and despite having quite a small waist I find it absolutely impossible to find a pencil skirt to fit. If they fit in the waist there are far too tight on the bum and if they fit on the bum they are swimming on the waist.
    I take care of my clothes too so I'm not looking for cheap and cheerful and don't mind spending some money on them.
    Any suggestions or recommendations of places? I'm based in Dublin and was planning on heading into town this weekend to look around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

No offence or anything but I'm wondering what kind of place is very stylish and has a portocabin for an office? Sounds bizarre.

I noticed that a lot of clothes websites have a style guide for the upcoming season for men's clothes so I presume there exists such a thing in the women's section (e.g. - debenhams.ie) Might find some inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

No offence or anything but I'm wondering what kind of place is very stylish and has a portocabin for an office? Sounds bizarre.

I noticed that a lot of clothes websites have a style guide for the upcoming season for men's clothes so I presume there exists such a thing in the women's section (e.g. - debenhams.ie) Might find some inspiration.

Did I say very stylish:eek: Meant to say not very stylish.

Anyhow I work in the health service and as with many others who work in the public sector there were no new builds when staff needed office space and so portocabins were brought in. Think the new classrooms that schools got - portocabins.
    Its like a proper office inside with desks, space dividers, etc but its boiling in the summer time and freezing in the winter as with all such buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Did I say very stylish:eek: Meant to say not very stylish.

Anyhow I work in the health service and as with many others who work in the public sector there were no new builds when staff needed office space and so portocabins were brought in. Think the new classrooms that schools got - portocabins.
    Its like a proper office inside with desks, space dividers, etc but its boiling in the summer time and freezing in the winter as with all such buildings.

I think that may have been my mistake lol. Yeah I know the type well, worked in them myself (education). Bloody disgrace in this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find Next good for work wear. There clothes look good, last well and wash well. They normally have nice dresses that look well eith cardigans and jackets.

Debenhams can be worth a look although I find that they normally have a better selection online rather than in the store.

I have picked up a few bits in Awear recently for work as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Warehouse and Mango for me. Sisley can be ok too. I got some nice stuff in Coast or LK Bennett. It depends how much you want to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

A-wear have fab dresses in at the moment, some of them very work suitable. Zara and Mango have nice stuff as well coming out for Autumn/Winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hi everyone,

I headed into town yesterday and got quite a bit of stuff....probably more than I should have but I find its either a feast or a famine; you get loads of things that fit, look well, etc etc or can find absolutely nothing.
    I just wanted to report back that the following places turned up trumps for me and it may be useful if anyone else is on the look out:
    Sisley
    Kilkenny Design (got great trousers for work and going out in there).
    Mango
    karen Millen (a really nice light green jumper)
    Clearys (was surprised that they had clothes for people other than just my mum!)
    And a sneaky pair of shoes in BT.......but they are hidden away for now. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I saw some lovely stuff in M&S recently, not old or fuddy-duddy at all. They have really brought in some younger workwear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Next are the clothes shop you are looking for if you want good work wear..

Advertisement