Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting with application

• 30-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, I'm applying for a teaching vacancy in a vec. I noticed on the notes they give with the application form to enclose a Garda Vetting form from the Teaching Council. I have got one but weary that they might not return it? I could photocopy it but the original has a special silver mark on it? any advice? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 imgonnarun

Hi,
    I always just send a copy and never had a problem.

I sent an original reference (as requested once) and they ruined it on me, put their big red VEC stamp bang in the middle of the page so never send originals since then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

imgonnarun wrote: »
    Hi,
    I always just send a copy and never had a problem.

I sent an original reference (as requested once) and they ruined it on me, put their big red VEC stamp bang in the middle of the page so never send originals since then!!

Thanks for the advice. I thought they might be picky! I might need it for other teaching jobs. I can't be waiting around for them to send it back.

That's fairly annoying about the reference. Typical you go to so much work to get in the first place and then its ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Always send a copy, if they want the original they will come back and ask for it.

I got a job in a VEC and they wanted my actual degree parchment, I wasn't allowed to photocopy it. I dropped it in, in a cardboard tube rolled up to keep it nice.
    THEY FOLDED IT and sent it back in an ordinary envelope through the post, got ruined obviously aside from the fold line through the middle of it.
    Pure ignorance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

seavill wrote: »
    Always send a copy, if they want the original they will come back and ask for it.

I got a job in a VEC and they wanted my actual degree parchment, I wasn't allowed to photocopy it. I dropped it in, in a cardboard tube rolled up to keep it nice.
    THEY FOLDED IT and sent it back in an ordinary envelope through the post, got ruined obviously aside from the fold line through the middle of it.
    Pure ignorance

Bring it to school, photocopy it and get the secretary to stamp it (as saw the origingal). This was recommended to me last year and had no issues

Edit: Ignore-misread op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

seavill wrote: »

Pure ignorance

That's an absolute disgrace!

• Advertisement
Advertisement