Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kiosk, Northumberland Road, Dublin 4

• 30-08-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi there -
    I just got coffee from Kiosk, at the intersection of Northumberland Road and Pembroke Road, it was really lovely - to me it tasted quite like 3FE's offering, but with a bit more bite. (Note: I like 3FE's better).
    My partner was talking to the guy who runs it, and he said he's selling Kopi Luwak tomorrow, for €30 a cup.
    I am intrigued - but can any cup of coffee be worth 30 bucks? I am a coffee admirer, but no expert - would I even know what I was drinking!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

quaalude wrote: »
    ... but can any cup of coffee be worth 30 bucks?
    No. Kopi Luwak is a marketing man's dream.

I read that the guy there roasts all his coffee freshly. Now I'm no expert but when I do roast I like to give the beans time to rid themselves of the gases before I use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thanks Slaphead07 - I think I'll leave it then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

The guy who runs this place roasts his own beans alright, don't think he uses them right away.
    In fairness too him he is a bit of a coffee expert having sold it and taught barista's.
    Great cup of coffee out of it worth a visit and a chat for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

coolisin wrote: »
    The guy who runs this place roasts his own beans alright, don't think he uses them right away.
    In fairness too him he is a bit of a coffee expert having sold it and taught barista's.
    Great cup of coffee out of it worth a visit and a chat for sure.

Haven't tried this place yet but definitely will next time I'm passing. Great to see another start-up who is going one further step by roasting his own.

I'm hopefull also his selling of Kopi Luwak was just an attempt to get some media coverage and hopefully its served that purpose.

Advertisement